Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Davis Waitlist  (Read 13872 times)

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UC Davis Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2004, 12:46:17 PM »
Yes, I sent a letter of continued interest in March.  I also have been emailing once a month since I found out I was waitlisted.  Just sent an email expressing continued interest in June, so I guess it wouldn't make any sense for them to email me asking if I am still interested.  Now I just hope they call me cause I will definitely go if they do call.

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2004, 01:16:05 PM »

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2004, 03:01:21 PM »
yeah, i doubt I'll get the call.  but if I do it will be tough.  Free ride to Loyola LA next year or over 50k in extra loans from Davis.  Davis is better, but i want to practice in so-cal, and loyola has a great alumni base.  hmm...
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2004, 03:53:30 PM »
did u get the email from Davis or have you sent letters of continued interest so they already know you're interested?

tiyo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2004, 05:29:21 PM »
okie, the e-mail basically said that its about that time when they think they're going to use the wait-list, so if I was still interested, that I should e-mail back by noon, today (which I did)....it said that you should only respond affirmatively if you would accept an offer of admission immediately if contacted....

By the way, my numbers are 3.1, 170

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2004, 05:36:27 PM »
wow, you have very high numbers to be put on the waitlist at Davis???  Where are you planning on attending currently?  Did the email make it sound like they were only going to consider taking people off the waitlist if these people had received the email?  I didn't get the email so I'm kinda upset cause I really want to go there.

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2004, 05:37:40 PM »
also, do you mind posting the text of the email.  if you feel uncomfortable doing that i understand but i would really appreciate it.

tiyo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2004, 05:53:22 PM »
sure, the text of the mail is:

We have now reached the point in our admission process when we expect to begin using our waiting list.  This email is a request for reconfirmation of your interest in being considered further for admission to UC Davis Law School.  We have your original response indicating a desire to remain on the waiting list, however, we need to know if that is still your intention.  We realize you may have been required to make alternate plans and may no longer be in a position to accept an offer of admission if you are selected.

Before you respond, please understand that because we are so close to the beginning of Fall semester, if an offer of admission is made to you an immediate response will be required.  There will be no time to  consult with parents, a spouse, or others.  The time to do that is now, before you respond to this email.  I am sorry that this may be a rushed decision but we are attempting to fill our class as quickly as possible so that students admitted from the waiting list  will have time to arrange financial aid, find housing, etc.

As quickly as possible and no later than noon on Friday, July 9, please take a few moments to send an email to me at lawadmissions@ucdavis.edu reconfirming your definite interest in being considered for admission from the waiting list.  Do Not reconfirm Yes unless you are definitely prepared to accept if offered admission.

Hope that helps....

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2004, 05:58:51 PM »
Monkey,

I'd go full ride loyola if you wanna be in so-cal.  Loyola is a great school for socal, it's only draw back is the price.  You got a sweet deal dood.
it's coming...

CK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »
Ok here's the deal.  I called the school and they said they sent out emails to the first "picks" off the waitlist.  After that, they will see how many accept and then continue from there... Hope that helps.