Law School Discussion

I cant stop sending in applications.

Re: I cant stop sending in applications.
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2005, 04:41:12 PM »
I think Paperback Writer is the all-time winner, he had like 38 last cycle.

I have done 20 and I am stopping, that is absolutely it.

And the legend grows...

SkullTatt

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2005, 04:55:57 PM »
How many did you actually have? People are getting on my case for 20, I would like to deflect the heat...

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2005, 04:58:52 PM »
don't worry bonkers...i am close on your heels

I have a few more I am thinking about (fee waivers), but I THINK I will stop once I send out Cardozo's

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2005, 05:00:07 PM »
How many did you actually have? People are getting on my case for 20, I would like to deflect the heat...

I don't answer anyone who has a red X for an avatar.  Sorry, but we have high standards around here.  Andrew seems to let just about anyone in here.

john83

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2005, 05:23:47 PM »
again, i hardly post here, but i did want to ask. what's with the obsession anyway? i've sent off 11 so far, and will send more, and i'm not sure why.

i mean, i'm kinda already set on where i want to go. the others are just to get more mail i guess, but i can't explain why i care enough to fill out the other apps?

anyone like this?

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2005, 05:36:18 PM »
I think I consider a new school with every waiver just because this whole process is a bit unknown.  You can never be sure that you will be in and one of these schools that you applied on a whim may be a school you may end up just lovin' and will eventually become your number one once acceptances are rolled out.

mifimo

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2005, 07:36:07 PM »
in my case, I sent off a bunch as soon as they became available. then after about a month of contemplating my PS (which I though at the time I wrote it was very strong), I freaked out and sent out more with a completely new PS. it's my experiment to see how important the PS actually is. add in a bunch of few fee waivers and I found myself at 24. and I'm still contemplating Cornell...

verbal

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2005, 08:02:39 PM »
i am only sure that i am going to get into one of the schools i applied to. 6 of the other 8 could honestly go the other way and 2 im fairly sure will ding me.

SkullTatt

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2005, 10:51:10 PM »
I think I consider a new school with every waiver just because this whole process is a bit unknown.  You can never be sure that you will be in and one of these schools that you applied on a whim may be a school you may end up just lovin' and will eventually become your number one once acceptances are rolled out.

Yeah exactly. Plus, some peoples' numbers suggest they must employ carpetbombing a broader strategy.

corky

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2005, 11:30:38 PM »
Others just view law school apps as their drug of choice, and they constantly need to up the ante to keep the same level of high.