;

Author Topic: UNC  (Read 959 times)

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
UNC
« on: November 02, 2005, 01:07:18 PM »
Anyone else still waiting on UNC to request a report?  Do we know when they will start reviewing apps this year?  Hopefully they will be quicker than last year!!

Thanks

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: UNC
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 07:43:05 PM »
I'm waiting too!  I know they cashed my application fee check on Oct 25, but that's the only proof I have that they know I'm applying.  Oh well, I suppose that we just have to wait.  I have no idea what their timeline looks like but at my university's law forum the Dean of Admissions from Carolina said that they already had applications rolling in 2 weeks before the first day they supposedly accept applications.  She made it sound like they are at least looking at them already, even if decision aren't made for quite some time.  But I suppose that might just be in reference to the staff putting them in like a database or something.

LawyersGunnersnMoney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 08:50:58 PM »
i went to unc for undergrad ('01).  theyre my 1st choice but a huge longshot now that im out of state.  they are notorious for taking forever both on processing and wl admissions.  i mailed my app on 10/13 and the havent even cashed my check

Hobert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 07:13:05 AM »
They cashed my check, but haven't pulled my report. I sent it the first week of October.
Super Bowl Champs (Attending): DUKE
TD: Michigan, Northwestern, UNC, Notre Dame, Texas, Vandy, WUSTL
Intentional Grounding(Withdrew): Baylor, Case, Cincy, Emory, Florida, Indiana
INT: None
4th and Goal: Penn, UVA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Hobert

BIG H2001

• UNC 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 07:34:38 AM »
They took forever last year too.  I was quite fortunate in that I was accepted in early January, but some people applied in late Sept. early Oct. and heard nothing until May.  You just have to hang in there.  If you have any questions about the school I'll be glad to try and answer them for you.

Hobert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 08:53:23 AM »
They took forever last year too.  I was quite fortunate in that I was accepted in early January, but some people applied in late Sept. early Oct. and heard nothing until May.  You just have to hang in there.  If you have any questions about the school I'll be glad to try and answer them for you.

Just curious, how do you like it so far? 

Ditto. How is it?
Super Bowl Champs (Attending): DUKE
TD: Michigan, Northwestern, UNC, Notre Dame, Texas, Vandy, WUSTL
Intentional Grounding(Withdrew): Baylor, Case, Cincy, Emory, Florida, Indiana
INT: None
4th and Goal: Penn, UVA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Hobert

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »

Just curious, how do you like it so far? 

Ditto. How is it?

Can you compete in the California market with a degree from UNC?

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 11:01:41 AM »
you probably could if you have awesome grades. i heard unc is very laid back. i've spent a good bit of time in the new building, and it's great. the lighting is terrible in the classrooms however.
pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever

LawyersGunnersnMoney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 12:06:04 PM »
i cant speak for the law school or its rep in california, but chapel hill is an amazing place to be a student

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 12:10:33 PM »
it's alright, it gets kind of boring after a while. I mean, top o is fun and all, but when you find yourself there every saturday night, you start to wonder why you havent killed yourself yet.

pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever