Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Applying via Paper... how do you get reports?  (Read 205 times)

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
Applying via Paper... how do you get reports?
« on: November 02, 2005, 02:34:02 AM »
This is probably a dumb question.. but when you send in a Paper App... what happens? Does the law school, upon reciept of your app, request your report through LSADS? Then I have to sign on and buy a 12 dollar report and its all set? Just trying to get all the logistics down before I send some out. Thanks!
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
Re: Applying via Paper... how do you get reports?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 02:38:01 AM »
This is probably a dumb question.. but when you send in a Paper App... what happens? Does the law school, upon reciept of your app, request your report through LSADS? Then I have to sign on and buy a 12 dollar report and its all set? Just trying to get all the logistics down before I send some out. Thanks!

Exactly.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

slp

• View Profile
Re: Applying via Paper... how do you get reports?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:30:54 AM »
I sent paper apps because I have a Mac and LSDAS wasn't ready with the Mac version.  You need to order your reports from LSAC for the number of apps you are sending in.  I ordered them when I first registered for the LSAT.  It was $2 cheaper per report back then.  As soon as the school receives your app and fee, they request a report. If your LOR's and transcripts are alreayd processed,  LSAC/LSDAS turnaround time for reports right now is one day fromthe day they receive a request.  Then they send the report to the school.  Supposedly it can take about 8 days of they mail the report to the LS via snail mail, but in another post someone said that some schools request rush delivery. 
So if you know u are applying to 10 schools, go and pay for the 10 reports now.  Othersise, it will be a pain to go back every time to LSAC/LSADAS to order reports one at a time.