Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: did Clinton lie to the american people? past smokescreens  (Read 6893 times)

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
Re: did Clinton lie to the american people? past smokescreens
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2005, 11:55:39 AM »
You know the neo-cons are in trouble when they think that how we got into the war in Iraq is a dead-issue. Are you kidding me? Are you saying it's a dead issue cause the soldiers are already dead? Oh, I forgot, "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS".

US deaths since July 2, 2003, when Bush announces, "Bring Them On": 1,878
WOUNDED IN ACTION: 15,568

you know right-wing extremists in trouble when they beat dead horse known as bill clinton.

hahahahahahahaha!

And you know that left-wing extremists are in trouble when they bring up dead issues, like how we got into the war in Iraq. That's when you know they're out of ideas.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2005, 01:15:08 PM »
Which doesnt explain why he wasnt tried for treason if he was a traitor.

Maybe it was because he didnt know the US had declared war on the Taliban and wasnt actually fighting against the US.

Who knows, my guess is that politics had something to do with it, but then that's always a good guess... :-\
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2005, 02:26:30 PM »
Both, and nobody is denying that.  There is a such thing as "magnitude," though.

well...at least one can't get impeached for that...

now...is there magnitude in "heavy construction" and "murderous despot removal?"
I think Bush should get impeached and I KNOW Libby is going to get impeached if he takes the stand.  I would give my left leg to impeach Cheney, Rummy, Bush and Rove.

Does anyone want to pretend to be anyone of those people and let me impeach you?

Heck I don't think if you died they'd be impeached. You're not worth THAT much. They are fine. What happened to respect for our Pres in this country? Morals have gone down the tube and so has respect.

Stupid individualists.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2005, 02:28:43 PM »
If you do not think that Bush's numbers being in the toilet (lower than Nixon's) have the GOP worried, then I would say you have your head in that same toilet as well.  It's pretty much writing on the wall that if (or more accurately when) the Dems take Congress in 2006, Bush will find himself being impeached.  And this time the neocons wont have Delay around to re-district.

And speaking of Delay, I don't think it matters if Scalia himself were presiding over his case.  Delay's dead in the water, and the neo-cons don't want anything more to do with him.  Same can be said with Libby, with Rove and Frist standing in the on deck circle.

And B. Boxer doesn't shake, unless she's got her hands around the neck of some neocon.  Lieberman on the other hand...

I believe you mean "when democrats LOSE more seats" that would be the correction there.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2005, 02:31:08 PM »
You lefties are cracking me up.

Caveat: I remain deeply disappointed in Bush's Katrina response.

The Mier's debacle is working out just fine.

In case you didn't notice -- and why would you since the media has buried its collective head in the sand about it -- Iraq has now had a succesful election of representatives, a succesful constitutional convention, and a succesful election to adopt that constitution.

The Plamegate thing, while no beauty, has not been anything like what Dems hoped for. Sorry.

Everybody says last week was Bush's worst week. Maybe so. If so, it really wasn't all that bad.

All Meirs proves is that Bush only knows to appoint cronies. See Brownie for confirmation.

How do you compare the Katrina response and the Iraq post-war planning?  Same people, same debacle.

Hurray, Iraq has a constitution! Now everythign will be great, and the US can pull out AND the insurgents will stop insurging, AND ALL Iraqis will live in peace and harmony.  NOTE: It is hard NOT to pass a constitution if 2/3s have to vote against it to defeat it.

Plamegate will cement Bush as the WORST Pres in the history of the US and is emblematic of everything that is wrong with this administration.

BTW, Donald Rumsfeld knows EXACTLY where the WMD are: North South East and West of Badhdad!

:D :D :D

Considering nobody cares about Plame anymore...

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2005, 02:34:14 PM »
If you do not think that Bush's numbers being in the toilet (lower than Nixon's) have the GOP worried, then I would say you have your head in that same toilet as well.  It's pretty much writing on the wall that if (or more accurately when) the Dems take Congress in 2006, Bush will find himself being impeached.  And this time the neocons wont have Delay around to re-district.

And speaking of Delay, I don't think it matters if Scalia himself were presiding over his case.  Delay's dead in the water, and the neo-cons don't want anything more to do with him.  Same can be said with Libby, with Rove and Frist standing in the on deck circle.

And B. Boxer doesn't shake, unless she's got her hands around the neck of some neocon.  Lieberman on the other hand...

"grass-roots conservatives"...don't give a rats ass in hell about the soon to be scarce...boxer.

boxer is shaking because she is powerless to stop the conservative judges going to preside over the supreme court...

delay...is a separate issue and "guilty until proven innocent"...that may help him slide out of this one, as well...he really had to go...and he is gone.

bush approval rating is "bwackwards" (aye like that new word)... "bunk" and "bull"...even if the approval rating were 80% in his favor...aye would not buy it...that is a load of corporate media darn.

my head has been measuring the situation by what is happening on wall street...
my resolve sees the dems "swirling" and the water pretty still in the republican camp.

The only thing that was swirling were the thousands of poor african americans left for dead by the administration down in New Orleans.  That atrocity pretty much sank the neocons within the african american community.

And instead of watching wall street (which really is pretty stagnant)you should keep your eyes on gas and heating.  This is what is killing the neocons domestically.  Unless they can do something about these, they are going to suffer more than they know.

And Boxer doesn't have to stop Bush's nominees.  The republican party is doing a pretty good at it themselves.

Bush didn't leave anybody swimming in the ocean, they did it themselves. They knew where they were living that they get hurricanes and that was a possibility. People REALLY need to start taking responsibility for their actions and stop blaming everything on the Pres et cetera.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2005, 02:35:21 PM »
As far as Katrina, imagine what the POTUS' response would been if the hurricane was going to touch down in a rish neighborhood?

First of all it would not have been in the news, and second it would have been the same if less because the rich people know they can handle things themselves and not to take gov handouts. 
BTW, spelled RICH

Thikighoros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2005, 03:21:05 PM »
As far as Katrina, imagine what the POTUS' response would been if the hurricane was going to touch down in a rish neighborhood?

First of all it would not have been in the news, and second it would have been the same if less because the rich people know they can handle things themselves and not to take gov handouts. 
BTW, spelled RICH

Exactly.

The only people I feel sorry for in that whole mess were those in nursing homes and the handicapped, the local governments had failed them. But even at that, I have to ask these questions:

Where were their families? Why didn't go there and pick them up? There was a week's notice that a hurricane was to hit the area, and they did nothing? It's bad enough that one has to put his/her parents in a nursing home, it's even worse when one doesn't take them in the midst of danger.

This was a perfect example of the effects of big-government reliance (as advanced by Clinton and now, depressingly, President Bush. When are Americans going to stop relying on the Federal goverment for everything?

As for the rest,
they had ample time to get out (as I said, a week's notice) and they decided to stay. They shouldn't blame the Federal government government for their idiotic choices.  When hurricane Andrew hit south Florida, 5 DAYS before they even showed up. They're lucky that the Federal government showed up in three.
I look forward to the day that I could say (God willing):

Είναι δικηγόρος στρατιωτικός.
(I am a military lawyer).

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thikighoros

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2005, 05:47:17 PM »
Which doesnt explain why he wasnt tried for treason if he was a traitor.

Maybe it was because he didnt know the US had declared war on the Taliban and wasnt actually fighting against the US.

Who knows, my guess is that politics had something to do with it, but then that's always a good guess... :-\
Wait, what politician was on the side of JWL?  None. 
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2005, 05:48:02 PM »

BTW, spelled RICH

Oh, thanks Vinny.  How is that dishwasher career going? 
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1