Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: did Clinton lie to the american people? past smokescreens  (Read 7318 times)

Paikea

• Sr. Citizen
  • One year down, two more to go!
    • View Profile
Re: did Clinton lie to the american people? past smokescreens
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 01:17:40 AM »
You lefties are cracking me up.

Caveat: I remain deeply disappointed in Bush's Katrina response.

The Mier's debacle is working out just fine.

In case you didn't notice -- and why would you since the media has buried its collective head in the sand about it -- Iraq has now had a succesful election of representatives, a succesful constitutional convention, and a succesful election to adopt that constitution.

The Plamegate thing, while no beauty, has not been anything like what Dems hoped for. Sorry.

Everybody says last week was Bush's worst week. Maybe so. If so, it really wasn't all that bad.

The Miers debacle is working out just fine?  Hmmm.  Something seems quite amiss by that statement.  Total backlash by your own party is never fine.

Also, there is nothing "successful" going on in Iraq.  Let's not be naive.  A piece of paper cannot overcome the massive bloodshed that is happening, as well as the civil war that is soon to unfold.  Throw in the fact that there is now an Al Queida network in Iraq, alone, that is larger than the entire pre 9-11 Al Queida network that was world wide.

And yeah, Plamegate hasn't unfolded like the Dems wanted it too. lol.  The Dems have seen this coming for two years.  Libby out, Rove on his way out, Cheney to be investigated (or probably already is).  The beauty of it all is that Rove is still being investigated.  The worst thing that could have happened was that Libby and Rove would have been ousted right now.  That would have given the neocons ample to wash their hands of it and recover.  But now, Rove's indictment will happen closer to the 2006 elections, which is exactly what the Dems want.  The best thing as far as the left is concerned is to have this mess toil in the wind that much longer.

Sorry to say, but it's pretty bleak right now for the neocons. 
"Those who want the Government to regulate matters of the mind and spirit are like men who are so afraid of being murdered that they commit suicide to avoid assassination." - Harry S. Truman

"All bad precedents begin with justifiable measures."  - Julius Caesar

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 01:27:57 AM »

In case you didn't notice -- and why would you since the media has buried its collective head in the sand about it -- Iraq has now had a succesful election of representatives, a succesful constitutional convention, and a succesful election to adopt that constitution.

The Plamegate thing, while no beauty, has not been anything like what Dems hoped for. Sorry.

Everybody says last week was Bush's worst week. Maybe so. If so, it really wasn't all that bad.

All Meirs proves is that Bush only knows to appoint cronies. See Brownie for confirmation.

How do you compare the Katrina response and the Iraq post-war planning?  Same people, same debacle.

Hurray, Iraq has a constitution! Now everythign will be great, and the US can pull out AND the insurgents will stop insurging, AND ALL Iraqis will live in peace and harmony.  NOTE: It is hard NOT to pass a constitution if 2/3s have to vote against it to defeat it.

Plamegate will cement Bush as the WORST Pres in the history of the US and is emblematic of everything that is wrong with this administration.

BTW, Donald Rumsfeld knows EXACTLY where the WMD are: North South East and West of Badhdad!

:D :D :D
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

DodgerLaw

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 01:35:42 AM »

The Miers debacle is working out just fine?  Hmmm.  Something seems quite amiss by that statement.  Total backlash by your own party is never fine. It's worked out fine. We'll end up with Sam Alito instead of Miers, clearly much better for the Right.

Also, there is nothing "successful" going on in Iraq.  Let's not be naive.  A piece of paper cannot overcome the massive bloodshed that is happening, as well as the civil war that is soon to unfold.  Throw in the fact that there is now an Al Queida network in Iraq, alone, that is larger than the entire pre 9-11 Al Queida network that was world wide. Maybe not you personally, but most on the Left said these things, a constitution and an election would never happen. Not unlike those who thought that we should appease the Soviet Union, these people are proven wrong again.

And yeah, Plamegate hasn't unfolded like the Dems wanted it too. lol.  The Dems have seen this coming for two years.  Libby out, Rove on his way out, Cheney to be investigated (or probably already is).  The beauty of it all is that Rove is still being investigated.  The worst thing that could have happened was that Libby and Rove would have been ousted right now.  That would have given the neocons ample to wash their hands of it and recover.  But now, Rove's indictment will happen closer to the 2006 elections, which is exactly what the Dems want.  The best thing as far as the left is concerned is to have this mess toil in the wind that much longer.Yes. Good strategy. When things don't pan out the way you hope. Just make up a new hope.  ::) ::) ::)

DodgerLaw

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 01:40:32 AM »

Hurray, Iraq has a constitution! Now everythign will be great, and the US can pull out AND the insurgents will stop insurging, AND ALL Iraqis will live in peace and harmony.  NOTE: It is hard NOT to pass a constitution if 2/3s have to vote against it to defeat it.

Overall, 78.59 percent of voters approved the document, the Independent Electoral Commission said.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 02:04:15 AM »

All Meirs proves is that Bush only knows to appoint cronies. See Brownie for confirmation.

How do you compare the Katrina response and the Iraq post-war planning?  Same people, same debacle.

Plamegate will cement Bush as the WORST Pres in the history of the US and is emblematic of everything that is wrong with this administration.

BTW, Donald Rumsfeld knows EXACTLY where the WMD are: North South East and West of Badhdad!

:D :D :D

this is where we differ...aye do not buy the hype...of either party...and polls and approval ratings and grandiose speeches and statements of politicians.

aye do believe that hussein and regime and his sons should have been demonstratively removed from iraq...once hussein invaded quwait...

If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 02:15:18 AM »
If you do not think that Bush's numbers being in the toilet (lower than Nixon's) have the GOP worried, then I would say you have your head in that same toilet as well.  It's pretty much writing on the wall that if (or more accurately when) the Dems take Congress in 2006, Bush will find himself being impeached.  And this time the neocons wont have Delay around to re-district.

And speaking of Delay, I don't think it matters if Scalia himself were presiding over his case.  Delay's dead in the water, and the neo-cons don't want anything more to do with him.  Same can be said with Libby, with Rove and Frist standing in the on deck circle.

And B. Boxer doesn't shake, unless she's got her hands around the neck of some neocon.  Lieberman on the other hand...

"grass-roots conservatives"...don't give a rats ass in hell about the soon to be scarce...boxer.

boxer is shaking because she is powerless to stop the conservative judges going to preside over the supreme court...

delay...is a separate issue and "guilty until proven innocent"...that may help him slide out of this one, as well...he really had to go...and he is gone.

bush approval rating is "bwackwards" (aye like that new word)... "bunk" and "bull"...even if the approval rating were 80% in his favor...aye would not buy it...that is a load of corporate media zshite.

my head has been measuring the situation by what is happening on wall street...
my resolve sees the dems "swirling" and the water pretty still in the republican camp.

Paikea

• Sr. Citizen
  • One year down, two more to go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 02:29:23 AM »
If you do not think that Bush's numbers being in the toilet (lower than Nixon's) have the GOP worried, then I would say you have your head in that same toilet as well.  It's pretty much writing on the wall that if (or more accurately when) the Dems take Congress in 2006, Bush will find himself being impeached.  And this time the neocons wont have Delay around to re-district.

And speaking of Delay, I don't think it matters if Scalia himself were presiding over his case.  Delay's dead in the water, and the neo-cons don't want anything more to do with him.  Same can be said with Libby, with Rove and Frist standing in the on deck circle.

And B. Boxer doesn't shake, unless she's got her hands around the neck of some neocon.  Lieberman on the other hand...

"grass-roots conservatives"...don't give a rats ass in hell about the soon to be scarce...boxer.

boxer is shaking because she is powerless to stop the conservative judges going to preside over the supreme court...

delay...is a separate issue and "guilty until proven innocent"...that may help him slide out of this one, as well...he really had to go...and he is gone.

bush approval rating is "bwackwards" (aye like that new word)... "bunk" and "bull"...even if the approval rating were 80% in his favor...aye would not buy it...that is a load of corporate media darn.

my resolve sees the dems "swirling" and the water pretty still in the republican camp.

The only thing that was swirling were the thousands of poor african americans left for dead by the administration down in New Orleans.  That atrocity pretty much sank the neocons within the african american community.

And instead of watching wall street (which really is pretty stagnant)you should keep your eyes on gas and heating.  This is what is killing the neocons domestically.  Unless they can do something about these, they are going to suffer more than they know.

And Boxer doesn't have to stop Bush's nominees.  The republican party is doing a pretty good at it themselves.
"Those who want the Government to regulate matters of the mind and spirit are like men who are so afraid of being murdered that they commit suicide to avoid assassination." - Harry S. Truman

"All bad precedents begin with justifiable measures."  - Julius Caesar

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 02:50:22 AM »

bush approval rating is "bwackwards" (aye like that new word)... "bunk" and "bull"...even if the approval rating were 80% in his favor...aye would not buy it...that is a load of corporate media darn.

The only thing that was swirling were the thousands of poor african americans left for dead by the administration down in New Orleans.  That atrocity pretty much sank the neocons within the african american community.

And instead of watching wall street (which really is pretty stagnant)you should keep your eyes on gas and heating.  This is what is killing the neocons domestically.  Unless they can do something about these, they are going to suffer more than they know.

And Boxer doesn't have to stop Bush's nominees.  The republican party is doing a pretty good at it themselves.

the "grass-roots conservatives" will have added 2 brand new justices.

boxer has been side stepped...that is good...that helps this independent.
aye don't care about what the "grass-roots conservatives" think or how they do it...as long as their efforts thwart the efforts of barbara boxer...

ah...a hurricane sunk new orleans residents...the city and state government failed new orleans primarily...the bush administration called the state of louisiana a "disaster area" before the hurricane even touched down...pre-emptively, one might suggest. don't think the "grass-roots conservatives" had anything to do with that one...

republicans do not even need african american vote to win offices...that pissses me off...but the democrats pretense that they automatically get the african american vote REALLY pissses me off.

my eye on wall street has to do with the price of oil and gas...with the vote on the constitution in iraq...the market is status quo...and looks promising!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 06:56:10 AM »
i'm starting to think bw is a very brilliant form of troll.

he's performance art!

no, he electric blender with eyes.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 10:00:58 AM »
As far as Katrina, imagine what the POTUS' response would been if the hurricane was going to touch down in a rish neighborhood?
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1