Law School Discussion

Straight up now, tell me [what my chances are]

jeb240

Re: Straight up now, tell me [what my chances are]
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2005, 01:25:35 PM »
I dunno... if you have the money and the time (and maybe you do not), it just seems silly to me to make the decision for your adcomms.  "You won't let me in."  Not one of us has any actual definitive idea of why some people get in and some people don't.  We are trying to use heresay and "reason" to wade through, but in the end some people will get in and most people won't and we will most likely never know why the chips fell as they did, though we will all theorize.

If you can afford to pay the extra fees and whatever else and don't much think you have a shot anyway, that seems all the more reason to apply.  If you don't get in, which is what you expect, then no surprises.  Yeah, it'll sting at first, but then you'll get on LSD and rant and rave with the other rejects and feel better about it.  You'll go off to your other T-14 and probably stop caring.  And if you do get in, then you got in, you'll start to believe in magic again and you can be that guy... the urban myth lsd newbies will tell for generations to come: the average white guy with somewhat decent enough scores who managed to "beat" the odds.

We do not necessarily know what makes someone "special" in the eyes of adcomms.  I mean, who isn't curing cancer these days?

Re: Straight up now, tell me [what my chances are]
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2005, 01:36:57 PM »
It seems like no matter what numbers someone has or what other factors, most people always feel they aren't good enough or that they are aiming too high. Even the 179/180 people have *some* doubts about say Yale for example. No one ever thinks they are good enough, but it doesn't hurt to try. Heck my numbers are far worse and I'm trying...at least if I ever get any of my essays finished.