Law School Discussion

Straight up now, tell me [what my chances are]

!!

• View Profile
Re: Straight up now, tell me [what my chances are]
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »
Now, Harvard, I know, accepts people outside their normal ranges all the time.  You don't want to go through life with any "what ifs," now do you?

Hmmmm.  I'm acceptable.  But I really don't have that pizazz, that moxie, that will get me in.  I'm a middle class white guy who spent college drinking.

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2005, 10:38:04 PM »
Get on LSAC.org and fill out that app!

Right now!

Go, get on it!

Don't come back until you can tell me that your plate is clean!

JCD

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 02:49:15 AM »
Now, Harvard, I know, accepts people outside their normal ranges all the time.  You don't want to go through life with any "what ifs," now do you?

Hmmmm.  I'm acceptable.  But I really don't have that pizazz, that moxie, that will get me in.  I'm a middle class white guy who spent college drinking.

My secret was writing a PS about how white males are now the most discriminated against group in society. The adcomms totally ate it up and I was accepted everywhere I applied.*

*disclamer: the preceding statements were pure fantasy

jeb240

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 04:56:55 AM »
If you don't want to apply to HYS then don't.

And if you don't think you're special enough to warrant getting in, then maybe you aren't.

But let's just look at the numbers... for Yale last year, more than a quarter of all the students they let in had an LSAT score similar to or lower than yours.  And your GPA speaks for itself.  I dunno, to me those seem like worthwhile odds.

But them I'm an admissions optimist.

John Galt

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 05:31:07 AM »
I can't believe you are posting a "what are my chances" thread! That is for retards.

lol...damn, bonkers...everyone has insecurity sometime. But yea, everytime I started a chances thread, I felt dumb.

jeb240

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2005, 05:33:44 AM »
I can't believe you are posting a "what are my chances" thread! That is for retards.

lol...damn, bonkers...everyone has insecurity sometime. But yea, everytime I started a chances thread, I felt dumb.

How many times have you done it?

John Galt

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2005, 05:42:17 AM »

How many times have you done it?

i think twice. bleh.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2005, 05:47:53 AM »
i think twice. bleh.

I'd say you're in great shape for any school.  And congrats on the UM fee waiver.  I only got one because I'm a resident.

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2005, 06:42:54 AM »
I also have similar numbers... you guys really think there's a shot at Harvard and Yale for people with such "relatively" low Lsats?

Or would we just be throwing our money away?

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2005, 06:46:25 AM »
I also have similar numbers... you guys really think there's a shot at Harvard and Yale for people with such "relatively" low Lsats?

Or would we just be throwing our money away?

You're looking pretty good with that MBA.