Law School Discussion

Straight up now, tell me [what my chances are]

!!

• View Profile
Re: Straight up now, tell me [what my chances are]
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 08:44:41 PM »
Kickass.  Now that I've been told what I want to hear, I can watch Law and Order without stress.   ;D

nowayman

• "No way, man." Phrase: to have disbelief.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 09:26:31 PM »
Don't like California?

With your Lsat/Gpa combo I'd apply to Stanford and Boalt.

Then again.  I love Cali.

Oh right, answering the actual question...(but since you know about LSN and LSD you most likely know all of this)

Columbia (wl-r)
NYU (wl-70/30% r/in)
boston, cordozo, wm, bu (in)
Cornell (in or wl-r depending on whether you tailored your app to them)
GULC (in)
Penn (in or wl-in if you didn't do the "why penn"  :P)
Ann arbor (hard to say, wl in with essays- r w/o)
Duke (in)

So do I win a prize if I'm 100% correct?  I pulled these guesses out of my... "frontal lobe of guessing."

Good luck.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 09:31:11 PM »
Penn (in or wl-in if you didn't do the "why penn"  :P)
Ann arbor (hard to say, wl in with essays- r w/o)

I'm a Michigan resident!  :P

Thanks for the brutal honesty.  Exactly what I wanted.  And I'll look at Stanford.  I had ruled it out, thought it was out of my league.

nowayman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 09:34:41 PM »
If you have the soft factors you have a good shot at Stanford.  Your numbers are adequate to get in.  But Stanford has a small JD class so they are notoriously picky about ec, we, and intent. 

But... I recommend it, because you have a better shot at Stanford than I do, and I like Stanford.  Live my dream.  :(

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 09:37:16 PM »
I'm just wondering why you didn't apply to more of the higher ranked schools?  Why not give the trinity a shot?

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 09:39:42 PM »
If you have the soft factors you have a good shot at Stanford.  Your numbers are adequate to get in.  But Stanford has a small JD class so they are notoriously picky about ec, we, and intent. 

But... I recommend it, because you have a better shot at Stanford than I do, and I like Stanford.  Live my dream.  :(

Yeah right!  You've got the LSAT!  I have *&^% for soft factors.  One internship and being gay... that's it.  And I'm not even telling most of my schools the gay thing, just the schools that make tons of noise about diversity.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 09:40:40 PM »
I'm just wondering why you didn't apply to more of the higher ranked schools?  Why not give the trinity a shot?

Waste of money.  I'm below even their 25th percentile.

nowayman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 09:45:24 PM »
Eh, that means less this cycle than last.  They are switching to Medians for USnews.  They can hide a lsat/gpa or two if they feel so inclined, so long as you help their "standing" with one or the other and they need it.

And I wasn't joking.  I have a slightly higher lsat but you have a better chance at Stanford.  Their fall 2004 lsat was 166-172.  I can pretty much guarantee you that this 25/75 could be higher.  They are the only T6 that isn't completely LSAT centric.  Well, besides Yale. 

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 09:52:18 PM »
They are the only T6 that aren't completely LSAT centric.  Well, besides Yale. 

I know what you mean.  I'd love to go to Columbia, but they're total LSAT whores.

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 10:03:49 PM »

Waste of money.  I'm below even their 25th percentile.

Now, Harvard, I know, accepts people outside their normal ranges all the time.  You don't want to go through life with any "what ifs," now do you?