Law School Discussion

Straight up now, tell me [what my chances are]

!!

• View Profile
Straight up now, tell me [what my chances are]
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:13:06 PM »
OK, if everyone else is going to ask their admissions chances, I have to too.  Sorry.  Anybody wanna give me some honest feedback?  Check out my LSN.

Thanks!

KT

• View Profile
Re: Straight up now, tell me
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 08:18:46 PM »
the first thing I thought when I saw your post was oh! paula abdul!
but I guess you weren't meaning that...

!!

• View Profile
Re: Straight up now, tell me
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:21:50 PM »
I did that on purpose.  ;)

SkullTatt

Re: Straight up now, tell me [what my chances are]
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 08:32:03 PM »
I can't believe you are posting a "what are my chances" thread! That is for retards.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 08:33:14 PM »
Yeah I know.  I'm having a moment of insecurity.  Damn lull.

SkullTatt

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 08:35:41 PM »
I'm sure LSAC's calculator would tell me your chances were excellent, were I not too lazy to punch in your numbers.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 08:36:14 PM »
I know it's really nerve-racking, but it's hard to predict chances based only on the information provided... the extent to which LSAT and GPA are really important vary with each school.  A school that's really trying to push up their rankings will probably emphasize them more, but think about the numerical data.  If a school cares a lot about its median, then half the class must have really high scores, but the rest can get pretty low, since it's not an average (fyi, I heard that someone got into Columbia with an LSAT of 151).

There's a lot of other considerations, including your ps, recs, ec's, work experience, and transcripts (yes, the quality of the classes you've taken will affect your chances).  I've also been told that two admissions people read every application.  I think many posters demean this stuff by calling them "soft factors," but they can make a huge difference.  In your case, the senator internship has got to help.

That said, my prediction would be that you'll be accepted at 9 out of 12 of your schools, with maybe a couple waitlists and one or two rejections.  You seem to have selected a good variety of schools, something I still have to get around to... right now I'm just praying for my top choices  ;)

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 08:36:40 PM »
Meh.  It gave me a bunch of middle-ish numbers.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 08:40:35 PM »
Thanks, legapp.

SkullTatt

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 08:42:04 PM »
I think your chances are great, hopefully your apps are really well done and you are able to make yourself stand out in some way.