Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Liberal Hypocrites - New Book - Do As I Say (Not As I Do)  (Read 6501 times)

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Liberal Hypocrites - New Book - Do As I Say (Not As I Do)
« on: November 01, 2005, 09:21:30 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/interrogatory/schweizer200510250827.asp

Moore Hypocrites Than True Believers?

Exposing the Do As I Say (Not As I Do) Left.

Q&A by Kathryn Jean Lopez

The mother of Princeton bioethics professor Peter Singer is lucky that her son is an hypocrite. Her son is a leading proponent of excising the undesirable — the imperfect via abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia. The disabled would fall under there, also, sometimes, the elderly.

Peter Singer's mother has Alzheimer's.

Peter Schweizer reports in his new book Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy that "far from embracing his own moral ethic, Singer hired a group of health care workers to look after her."

Good for him, he can't even buy his own poison. (When your ideas are destructive, at least a little hypocrisy saves a life here and there, despite the widespread damage you may be doing.)

Singer isn't the only hypocrite on the Left. Hoover Institution fellow Schweizer exposes a handful of popular Lefty hypocrites in his new book. He recently talked to National Review Online editor Kathryn Lopez about his latest book and the Left's deficiencies.

Kathryn Jean Lopez: Michael Moore makes money off oil and war? Why would he bother lying about owning stock? Is Peter Schweizer the only person who bothered checking?

Peter Schweizer:Michael Moore is constantly trying to prove his and the Left's moral superiority, so he says things about himself that are patently not true. He's pathological about it. How else to explain that he's loudly proclaimed no less than three times that he doesn't invest in the stock market because it's morally wrong while quietly picking up shares in a whole host of companies. A portfolio that includes Halliburton, Boeing, and HMOs doesn't fit the bill so he lies about it. I think he assumed that no one would poke around and investigate. When it comes to the MSM he was correct in making that assumption. He never responded to my questions. I'm dying to know how he explains away this one.

Lopez: Where did you get the idea for Do As I Say...? Did you just know the line of inquiry would be productive or did something fall into your lap?

Schweizer: I got tired of having discussions and arguments with people on the Left who operate on the assumption that they possess the moral high ground. They're not greedy, they're the only ones who truly care about the poor, minorities, you name it. Knowing quite a few people on the Left I knew that wasn't true. So I started poking around — looking at tax returns, IRS filings, court documents, etc. Frankly, it's amazing how easy it was to find examples of lefties being completely hypocritical.

Lopez: Given the hypocrisy you expose on this front, please tell me Nancy Pelosi at least isn't a Wal-Mart basher.

Schweizer: Nancy Pelosi bashes everyone who doesn't allow unions to call the shots. Everyone that is except herself. It's takes an amazing amount of gall to accept the Cesar Chavez Award from the United Farmworkers Unions while using non-UFW workers on your Napa Valley Vineyard. It takes the same to praise the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees Union and take massive sums of money from them all the while keeping them out of your Hotel and chain of restaurants. But again, I think Pelosi correctly assumes that no one in the media will challenge her on this.

Lopez: I'm all for having a little legitimate fun with liberals. But doesn't revealing Barbra Streisand's water bill feel a little like going through her garbage? Actually: Did you have to go through her or anyone else's garbage? Where did you get this stuff?

Schweizer: I didn't go through Bab's trash. All the info in the book was obtained legally and ethically. Streisand's annual water bill of $22,000 to keep her lawn green is relevant because she made it relevant: She's constantly lecturing ordinary Americans about the need to cut back on our consumerist culture. Maybe if she turns off the taps she'll have some legitimate grounds for making the claims she does. As Kermit the Frog said, it's not easy being green.

To read the rest, click on this link: http://www.nationalreview.com/interrogatory/schweizer200510250827.asp

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Hypocrites - New Book - Do As I Say (Not As I Do)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 09:50:49 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/interrogatory/schweizer200510250827.asp

Moore Hypocrites Than True Believers?

Exposing the Do As I Say (Not As I Do) Left.

Q&A by Kathryn Jean Lopez

The mother of Princeton bioethics professor Peter Singer is lucky that her son is an hypocrite. Her son is a leading proponent of excising the undesirable — the imperfect via abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia. The disabled would fall under there, also, sometimes, the elderly.

Peter Singer's mother has Alzheimer's.

Peter Schweizer reports in his new book Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy that "far from embracing his own moral ethic, Singer hired a group of health care workers to look after her."

Good for him, he can't even buy his own poison. (When your ideas are destructive, at least a little hypocrisy saves a life here and there, despite the widespread damage you may be doing.)

Singer isn't the only hypocrite on the Left. Hoover Institution fellow Schweizer exposes a handful of popular Lefty hypocrites in his new book. He recently talked to National Review Online editor Kathryn Lopez about his latest book and the Left's deficiencies.

Kathryn Jean Lopez: Michael Moore makes money off oil and war? Why would he bother lying about owning stock? Is Peter Schweizer the only person who bothered checking?

Peter Schweizer:Michael Moore is constantly trying to prove his and the Left's moral superiority, so he says things about himself that are patently not true. He's pathological about it. How else to explain that he's loudly proclaimed no less than three times that he doesn't invest in the stock market because it's morally wrong while quietly picking up shares in a whole host of companies. A portfolio that includes Halliburton, Boeing, and HMOs doesn't fit the bill so he lies about it. I think he assumed that no one would poke around and investigate. When it comes to the MSM he was correct in making that assumption. He never responded to my questions. I'm dying to know how he explains away this one.

Lopez: Where did you get the idea for Do As I Say...? Did you just know the line of inquiry would be productive or did something fall into your lap?

Schweizer: I got tired of having discussions and arguments with people on the Left who operate on the assumption that they possess the moral high ground. They're not greedy, they're the only ones who truly care about the poor, minorities, you name it. Knowing quite a few people on the Left I knew that wasn't true. So I started poking around — looking at tax returns, IRS filings, court documents, etc. Frankly, it's amazing how easy it was to find examples of lefties being completely hypocritical.

Lopez: Given the hypocrisy you expose on this front, please tell me Nancy Pelosi at least isn't a Wal-Mart basher.

Schweizer: Nancy Pelosi bashes everyone who doesn't allow unions to call the shots. Everyone that is except herself. It's takes an amazing amount of gall to accept the Cesar Chavez Award from the United Farmworkers Unions while using non-UFW workers on your Napa Valley Vineyard. It takes the same to praise the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees Union and take massive sums of money from them all the while keeping them out of your Hotel and chain of restaurants. But again, I think Pelosi correctly assumes that no one in the media will challenge her on this.

Lopez: I'm all for having a little legitimate fun with liberals. But doesn't revealing Barbra Streisand's water bill feel a little like going through her garbage? Actually: Did you have to go through her or anyone else's garbage? Where did you get this stuff?

Schweizer: I didn't go through Bab's trash. All the info in the book was obtained legally and ethically. Streisand's annual water bill of $22,000 to keep her lawn green is relevant because she made it relevant: She's constantly lecturing ordinary Americans about the need to cut back on our consumerist culture. Maybe if she turns off the taps she'll have some legitimate grounds for making the claims she does. As Kermit the Frog said, it's not easy being green.

To read the rest, click on this link: http://www.nationalreview.com/interrogatory/schweizer200510250827.asp

what about moore's investment in tort reform?
we need more quiet from moore...he's unscrupulous.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 10:26:02 PM »
you mean like how you chicken-boys carefully avoiding war you support so much?

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 10:32:32 PM »

Nice try, but I'm not going to deviate from the topic.

Back on topic:  Imagine, Barbara Streisand spending $22,000 a year on watering her lawn while lecturing everyone else about their excessive lifestyles.  Ha!  :D

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 10:49:16 PM »

this sounds like u are a pot calling a pot a pot again...let's see...hmmm avoiding the war?  nope...pretty sure that is the "short-eyed" democrats...who would be a more appropriate chicken hawk?
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 06:53:45 AM »
you send others to fight war you scared to fight self.  americans now getting pretty good at figuring this out.

hahahahaha.

SCgrad

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 08:00:10 AM »
This means absolutely nothing.  You are just pointing out what a few whack-jobs have done or said.  None of these people represent “normal” liberals.  Spewing this garbage is like saying the right is racist because of something the grand wizard said or did.  Keep up the rhetoric though, waste your time...

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 10:09:28 AM »
you send others to fight war you scared to fight self.  americans now getting pretty good at figuring this out.

hahahahaha.

she's right, you know.

it would be just as easy to compile a list of hypocrites on the right, especially their so-called religious ethic... it's just a waste of time since these people aren't really characteristic of "the right" or "the left."

That's just it, people on the "right" are routinely shown up in the media.  These icons of the "left" are never confronted with their own hypocrisies.

Michael Moore owning stock in oil companies (Halliburton), defense contractors (Boeing), and HMOs is absolutely priceless!!!

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 10:20:08 AM »

That's just it, people on the "right" are routinely shown up in the media.  These icons of the "left" are never confronted with their own hypocrisies.

Michael Moore owning stock in oil companies (Halliburton), defense contractors (Boeing), and HMOs is absolutely priceless!!!

what celebrities on the right are "routinely shown up in the media?"

Happens all the time, but that isn't the topic of the thread.

Imagine, Nancy Pelosi using non-union workers on her Napa Valley vineyard.

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »

Happens all the time, but that isn't the topic of the thread.

i see... you hijack other threads, but when it comes to criticism of the right you want to stay on topic.  speaking of hypocrites...

Me hijack threads?  You are confusing me with someone else.

The great conservationist, Barbara Streisand, spends $22,000 a year to keep her grass green.  :D