Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: congress closed session...smokescreen  (Read 9659 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: congress closed session...smokescreen
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2005, 11:39:49 PM »
looks like the republicans rolled over and handed the dems a big slice of "shut the &##2@@%%% up" and get back to work on getting the 2nd judge through to the super court.

that smokescreen subsided quickly.

oh, republicans so masterful!  has ever been bigger pouter than bill "that some stock in your pocket, or you just glad to see me?" frist?

frist? so what? get him for insider trading...bwack to work.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2005, 07:18:21 AM »
not he one of your allegedly masterful republicans?  he just crybaby.  at least tom delay know how to smile while being humiliated.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2005, 09:58:22 PM »
not he one of your allegedly masterful republicans?  he just crybaby.  at least tom delay know how to smile while being humiliated.

frist? come on...get real...

teflon tom?...he makes me laugh...he got a judge bounced...aye don't like him at all...but ya gottah admit...he's got some real moxie...

the closed session was comical...it made the dems look very weak...

now, fern, man...bwack to work!

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2005, 10:22:54 PM »

husseins sons were of vital importance to be taken out of the equation...
although capturing them was not important...assasinating them and/or making sure they were dead was of grave importance...those two sons were the heirs to the regime.

you should be more progressive and read something about the modern history of iraq...go back to the 60's...at least...curl up with some british imperialism in mesopoetamia and british carving up of iraq...and the history of kurdistan.

have a nice day. ;)

px.o.rsta

Heirs to a regime that had nothing to do with 9-11, nothing to do with WMD, and nothing to do with terrorism.

And where is Bin Laden?

And reading about British imperialism in the 60's is irrelevant to the current situation going on in Iraq. 

There is nothing progressive about revisionism.

the heirs to the hussein regime were one of the reasons special forces were sent into iraq...

british imperialism is very relevent to the western lines which carved up the land of mesopoetamia...and very relevent today.

NOW...some thoughts...

umm...sorry...weapons of mass destruction is what YOU believe...aye never...ever bought that as the primary reason for invading iraq...not for one minute...

this is how we independents do.

if you bought it...the onus is on you.

aye thought hussein and his regime should have been "taken apart" once they annexed quwait...

hussein said he would turn quwait city into a "graveyard" if anyone intervened

gassing kurds in halabja in 1988...

in august 1988...during the anfal campaign...iraqi forces attacked the kurdish town of Halabja with bombs containing a mixture of mustard and nerve gases...

an estimated 5,000 civilians, including women, children and babies, were killed in a single day...

gen majid ordered the attack, earning the notorious epithet chemical ali...

invasion of quwait...1990

on...2...august 1990 saddam hussein sent iraqi troops into quwait, which led to the gulf war in january 1991...

iraqi soldiers are alleged to have tortured and summarily executed prisoners and to have looted kuwait city and taken hundreds of kuwaiti captives back to baghdad...iraqi soldiers also set light to more than 700 oil wells and opened pipelines to let oil pour into the gulf and other water sources.

crushing the kurdish and shia rebellions after the 1991 Gulf War...

after the first gulf war, saddam hussein took revenge on the northern kurds and shia muslims in southern iraq, who rose up against the regime.

the iraqi army suppressed the uprisings using massive military force and drained the southern marsh lands which had sustained a way of life dating back around 5,000 years.

their habitat destroyed, many of the indigenous arabs fled to surrounding countries...

killing political activists over 30 years
evidence has emerged of 270 mass graves across iraq which are believed to hold the remains of possibly tens of thousands of people...

The un commission on human rights condemned the iraqi regime in 2001 for "widespread, systematic torture and the maintaining of decrees prescribing cruel and inhuman punishment as a penalty for offenses"...

thousands of shia muslims arrested on charges of supporting the 1979 Iranian Revolution have never been accounted for...

massacre of members of the kurdish barzani tribe in 1983...

in july 1983, iraqi security forces arrested about 8,000 male members of the barzani clan in the northern province of arbil. they were transported to southern iraq and have not been heard from since...

killing of religious leaders in 1974...

in july 1974, the iraqi regime arrested dozens of shia religious leaders, and executed five of them...

aye don't know...sounds like a dangerous regime to me...

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2005, 07:56:42 AM »

frist? come on...get real...

teflon tom?...he makes me laugh...he got a judge bounced...aye don't like him at all...but ya gottah admit...he's got some real moxie...

the closed session was comical...it made the dems look very weak...

now, fern, man...bwack to work!

yes, it brave man who hide behind his lawyers.  we see how he look when they lead him off to prison.

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2005, 08:47:38 PM »
Interesting read, and I've heard it all before.

One argument that has not been presented occured to me when Paikea said we are dying at home and abroad. I don't seem to remember any attacks in any of our states since 9/11. I don't know why that is; but I do know Islamic terrorists hate us and would love to see more Americans dead.

The fact that Bush is the head of the executive branch, the branch that protects us, means Bush should get the credit. If as stated in this thread al queda is larger now than before 9/11, then he should get even more credit. Perhaps they are too busy fighting us in Iraq, at least our soldiers get to fight back instead of us civilians. Perhaps there is another reason, but you can't persuade me terrorists haven't tried to hit us in the last 4 years.

As a side note I don't I'd be any good in politics if all these direct personal attacks are required. (11 against Blue/5 from him).
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2005, 09:36:35 PM »
it not julie's fault if bluecoward not keep up.

say, when you enlisting to fight war of which you so spprove?  hmmmmmmmmmm?

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2005, 09:56:42 PM »
it not julie's fault if bluecoward not keep up.

say, when you enlisting to fight war of which you so spprove?  hmmmmmmmmmm?

I'll prolly join JAG sooner or later.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2005, 10:01:38 PM »
sure you will.  and julie hears navy jags see lots of combat.

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2005, 10:06:22 PM »
No, but it is in the military and it utilizes my education. I don't see you in Sudan fighting to protect the innocents either...in fact you don't talk about it. I have written letters to my representatives regarding this matter and the funding the US has sent there. A much more useful way to promote change than debating on a law school discussion board.