Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: McGeorge Waitlist  (Read 1271 times)

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
McGeorge Waitlist
« on: July 06, 2004, 11:40:17 AM »
Poodlegirl--

They wrote me to say that I won't be accepted this year due to the high # of apps, and invited me to apply next year. But no matter--I got in at Syracuse!!!!! Best of luck to you!

Pendreamy

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
Re: McGeorge Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 12:13:32 PM »
I am so sorry about that.  How did they contact you?  I know a guy was accepted off the waitlist last week.  I still haven't heard anything, but my mail hasn't come yet.  I might email Adam Barrett today and see what is up.

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 03:07:55 PM »
By U.S. Mail

Keilie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 02:13:58 PM »
Hey Poodlegirl,

Did I read somewhere that you're moving to Sacramento anyway because of your significant other's job?  Right now I'm planning to attend McGeorge (waiting on USC), but I was wondering if you had an apartment in Sacramento?  If I get that fateful call I may need someone to sublet...

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 08:08:16 AM »
I already have an apartment in Midtown.  Thanks, though.  I hope USC accepts you...that would be the best for us both.  Do you have any other friends that plan to attend McGeorge?  I still have not received any news from McGeorge, but I haven't been rejected yet either. 

When I called admissions last week, they said they are waiting for people to "forfeit their deposits."  Do you know what this means?  What, if any, are the remaining dates/deadlines?  Your "insider" help will be appreciated.   

Keilie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 05:19:38 PM »
I hope you don't really hate me for this, but I think they probably mean that since both deposit deadlines have passed the only openings they anticipate are people that don't register or withdraw before registration.  Registration is the week of August 9th before orientation starts the evening of the 11th.  So you might not hear anything until then.  If USC would only call, I'd open up another spot...  I'll try to keep you updated if anything comes up, but I'm not sure how helpful I'd be at this point.