Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Edwards For VP!!!!!!!!  (Read 4234 times)

jgruber

Re: Edwards For VP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 12:28:09 PM »
Why blame those who vote for Nader?  Why not blame the candidate who could not attract their support?  Is Nader to blame for Democrats who voted for him instead of Gore or is Gore to blame?

No, Ill blame the collection of people as a whole who vote for Nader.  That is what the GOP wants.  Look what just happened in Oregon. 

With what happended with the last election, it boggles me that people would choose to do that again in this election. 

thinknpositive

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 12:44:14 PM »
Why blame those who vote for Nader?  Why not blame the candidate who could not attract their support?  Is Nader to blame for Democrats who voted for him instead of Gore or is Gore to blame?

No, Ill blame the collection of people as a whole who vote for Nader.  That is what the GOP wants.  Look what just happened in Oregon. 

With what happended with the last election, it boggles me that people would choose to do that again in this election. 

My sentiments exactly. 

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 12:45:50 PM »
Uhh the corruption in Florida is to blame.  Should have been a re-vote.
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

jgruber

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 12:47:28 PM »
Kerry is the clear choice over Bush, but that is looks this way to me.

Bush = business as usual with a mesiah complex attached

Kerry = business as usual with no driving desire to invade every country that disagrees with us.

either way it's business as usual, but Kerry seems to be on the safe side of sanity

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 12:48:13 PM »
What's your vote, jeffjoe?

None of the above.  I'll vote for some off-the-wall candidate as a protest vote.

My point is that he doesn't care either way obviously if he is so careless with who he is voting for.  Why not just don't vote? 
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

jgruber

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2004, 01:10:59 PM »
Why careless?

And not voting or voting for a third party have the same effect on the election.

What's your vote, jeffjoe?

None of the above.  I'll vote for some off-the-wall candidate as a protest vote.

My point is that he doesn't care either way obviously if he is so careless with who he is voting for.  Why not just don't vote? 

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2004, 01:12:45 PM »
Uhh because you stated you would vote for "some off the wall candidate as a protest vote"  Do me a favor, grab a sign and protest the traditional way. 
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

jgruber

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2004, 01:23:22 PM »
Uhh because you stated you would vote for "some off the wall candidate as a protest vote"  Do me a favor, grab a sign and protest the traditional way. 

Why is it careless to vote outside of the two major parties?

I have carefully considered my decision.  The two major candidates do not advocate the principles or policies I would like to see enacted, so I vote for 'other' to register my protest.

Would it be better if I voted for Kerry or Bush because they have better commercials?

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2004, 01:40:27 PM »

Why is it careless to vote outside of the two major parties?

I have carefully considered my decision.  The two major candidates do not advocate the principles or policies I would like to see enacted, so I vote for 'other' to register my protest.

Would it be better if I voted for Kerry or Bush because they have better commercials?

sorry, I thought if you were serious about a candidate you wouldn't refer to him/her as "some off the wall candidate" who you would simply vote for in protest. 
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2004, 01:44:09 PM »
what's edward's LSAT score?

;D