Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fall 2006 Acceptances  (Read 2059 times)

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Fall 2006 Acceptances
« on: October 31, 2005, 06:51:44 PM »
I know I'm a newbie and all that but I didn't see a thread yet for this years acceptances.  Do you guys do that sort of thing?  If not I'm sure this thread will slip into oblivion soon.

Anyways-

Found out I was in at Baylor last week with full tuition scholarship (got an email and then a letter a few days later).

I also got emails today from Berkeley, Hastings, and Davis saying that my application was complete and is now under review.

UCLA, UTexas, and Loyola LA still havent requested my LSDAS report.

What is everyone else's status?

SkullTatt

Re: Fall 2006 Acceptances
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 06:53:53 PM »
Found out I was in at Baylor last week with full tuition scholarship (got an email and then a letter a few days later).

That is the first acceptance I've seen on this board for 2006, congrats!

Army2Law

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 07:31:01 PM »
Congrats on the acceptance.

I have received my first acceptance as well, from Cooley with a 100% scholarship.

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 08:31:36 PM »
I know I'm a newbie and all that but I didn't see a thread yet for this years acceptances.  Do you guys do that sort of thing?  If not I'm sure this thread will slip into oblivion soon.

Anyways-

I also got emails today from Berkeley, Hastings, and Davis saying that my application was complete and is now under review.

When did you apply to Berkeley, UCLA and Loyola?  I haven't received a complete from Berkeley yet, but I submitted on 10/9/06.  And submitted UCLA and Loyola on 10/14/06 but they haven't requested my reports either.  I stopped by the UCLA admission office about a week ago and was told that they weren't going to start reviewing apps until mid-late Nov.

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 10:08:19 PM »
I sent all of my apps (except for UTexas) on October 10th.  Berkeley requested my report on 10/12.

Thanks for the UCLA info

SkullTatt

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 10:42:43 PM »

I have received my first acceptance as well, from Cooley with a 100% scholarship.

You can do better than Cooley, please do not go there. Plus, they give everyone with 163+ LSAT a 100% scholarship.

They have a 50.6% attrition rate, that kind of suggests how much they care about their students (i.e., they don't.)

Army2Law

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 07:51:21 AM »

You can do better than Cooley, please do not go there. Plus, they give everyone with 163+ LSAT a 100% scholarship.

They have a 50.6% attrition rate, that kind of suggests how much they care about their students (i.e., they don't.)

I have heard the same thing, in addition they only have a 52% first time bar pass rate.  I am told that the reason for the attrition is that the top 25% of the class transfers and due to the lax admissions policy the bottom 25% fail out.

It is my insurance school.  I had to have one because I am quitting a job to go to law school and I could not do that if I was not accepted into at lease one school.

I have applied to several others.  They are listed on my blog and at LSN.

Hobert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 08:19:12 AM »

Anyways-

Congratulations on the Baylor acceptance plus scholarship.  ;D I applied to Baylor last week. How many days from your file being complete until you received your decision?
Super Bowl Champs (Attending): DUKE
TD: Michigan, Northwestern, UNC, Notre Dame, Texas, Vandy, WUSTL
Intentional Grounding(Withdrew): Baylor, Case, Cincy, Emory, Florida, Indiana
INT: None
4th and Goal: Penn, UVA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Hobert

SkullTatt

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 11:53:10 AM »
It is my insurance school.  I had to have one because I am quitting a job to go to law school and I could not do that if I was not accepted into at lease one school.

That is cool, I just think with your numbers (even having a low GPA) you can do better. Having a math major excuses some of your GPA problems.

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 10:32:52 PM »
It took baylor about a week and a half from when the file was complete