Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anybody used EyeQ?  (Read 664 times)

Malina

• View Profile
Has anybody used EyeQ?
« on: October 30, 2005, 10:35:50 PM »
I am having issues with the Reading Comp sections and I am considering what can lead me to accelerating my reading speed. Recently, I heard of EyeQ, so I am wondering if it really works and is worth the spending. Any experiences with it out there?

theunderdog

Re: Has anybody used EyeQ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 10:47:17 PM »
Sorry I used it, and I'm sure it won't help you.  Reading speed is a non-issue on the LSAT. 

hellokutie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 06:02:16 AM »
it worked for me! i went from 400 to 8/900 wpm. if you use it consistently, especially right before u you take the RC, you'll definitely read faster, however, it doesn't help you on the RC and it is a waste of time to read the wizard of oz at 1000wpm for 30 days.  i'd rather spend my time practicing the RC
 i think a venti latte a couple hours before the exam works better  ;)

Malina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 10:11:45 AM »
theunderdog
Sorry I used it, and I'm sure it won't help you.  Reading speed is a non-issue on the LSAT. 

Reading speed is a factor and it determines how fast you can finish a passage to move to the questions and then to the next one. Sure, it has to be accompanied by comprehension to be effective.

Did you, guys, think EyeQ improved just your speed or both speed and comprehension?  :o I am seriously considering that software program and whatever help I can get on Reading Comp.

theunderdog

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 11:53:15 PM »
It's only a factor if you read incredibly slow.  The problem is not so much in the speed, but rather the comprehension.

hellokutie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 12:48:20 AM »
theunderdog

Reading speed is a factor and it determines how fast you can finish a passage to move to the questions and then to the next one. Sure, it has to be accompanied by comprehension to be effective.

Did you, guys, think EyeQ improved just your speed or both speed and comprehension?  :o I am seriously considering that software program and whatever help I can get on Reading Comp.

the program improves your speed in a few days but it has nothing to do with improving your comprehension. but u can try to increase your reading speed fast enough so that u can go over the passage twice if that helps. RC is my worst section, but i realized i do better when i keep myself interested in the topic.i guess that's the best way to improve your comprehension if you're short on time.