Law School Discussion

Gay Affirmative Action?

!!

• View Profile
Re: Gay Affirmative Action?
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 08:21:30 PM »
Not really. I could just claim I was gay at the time, but decided against it later on. Lesbians do this all the time.

Just because you had an encounter with your pool boy doesn't make you gay.   ;)

And hey, if lying is as easy free from consequence as you say it is, have you done it?  Why the hell not!

wstaffor

• 3.35/174
    • AOL Instant Messenger - WillyRayCyrus06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
Not really. I could just claim I was gay at the time, but decided against it later on. Lesbians do this all the time.

Just because you had an encounter with your pool boy doesn't make you gay.   ;)

And hey, if lying is as easy free from consequence as you say it is, have you done it?  Why the hell not!

I never said I was going to do it. I just presented a scenario where someone could do it with no consequences.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 08:25:27 PM »
what's to stop someone from lying about being gay if helps your chances?

The fact that your state bar will have your law school application on file forever is a pretty good deterrant.

you don't know many gay people that well, do you?

I actually have quite a few gay friends. Obviously for many people it is a 'being born' thing, but I think for many others it is a shock value thing, especially girls. They'll do the gay thing for a few years and then get over it. So one could self identify as gay, and self indentify as straight a few years later and that wouldn't be totally weird.

ah. your initial comment seemed to imply something different.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 08:25:34 PM »
I never said I was going to do it. I just presented a scenario where someone could do it with no consequences.

I'm just saying that anyone who's interested in lying can go right ahead.  I don't give a *&^%.  But it will always be in the back of your mind that you lied to your law school... and to the Bar.

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 08:29:49 PM »

Just because you had an encounter with your pool boy doesn't make you gay.   ;)

This reminds of a movie quote between Antonio Banderas and Woody Harelson (the title of the movie escapes me):
"If you build a thousand bridges, and you suck one c**k, then you are a c**ksucker, not a bridge builder"

~I dont mean this offensivley at all. I just thought it was funny

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 08:32:16 PM »
"If you build a thousand bridges, and you suck one c**k, then you are a c**ksucker, not a bridge builder"

I've definitely encountered this perspective many times before, but I'm not sure that many educated people subscribe to it.

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »
I am not one them, as my sister is gay, and she has always been, from birth. The whole "lie about it if you want" thing kind of ticked me off

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2005, 08:36:55 PM »
The whole "lie about it if you want" thing kind of ticked me off

I just said that because it fills me with pleasure knowing that some day, some a-hole is going to get what's coming to him for lying about being gay.  Lies like this have a way of... being discovered.

And also... I am gay. ;)

SkullTatt

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 08:37:53 PM »

My question is, if you suck 1000 c*cks and build one bridge, are you a bridge builder? What if you suck 500 c*cks and build 500 bridges?

skaiserbrown

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 08:38:54 PM »
The whole "lie about it if you want" thing kind of ticked me off

I just said that because it fills me with pleasure knowing that some day, some a-hole is going to get what's coming to him for lying about being gay. 

And also... I am gay. ;)

i may earn a gay man a toaster one day, but alas, i am not gay.

the last girl i dated is a lesbian now, though!

My question is, if you suck 1000 c*cks and build one bridge, are you a bridge builder?

only if you suck a really sloppy cock. accentuating the positive, and all.