Law School Discussion

What Is "Complete" ?

SkullTatt

What Is "Complete" ?
« on: October 31, 2005, 10:47:21 AM »
This has all the makings of one of those stupid-question threads that I myself hate, but... what is "complete"? And when are some of my apps going to get there?

LSAC has all my transcripts and letters, my applications have been sent, and in some cases received, by the schools, including LSDAS reports... so when am I going to be labeled "complete"?

Do the adcomms pass their hands over your application and read its aura or something? "This application... must wait two more weeks, I do not sense it is serious enough yet!"

nowayman

• "No way, man." Phrase: to have disbelief.
    • View Profile
Re: What Is "Complete" ?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 10:50:15 AM »
Pretty much.  Complete is just the label the Law Schools give to a file when it is "complete."  The criteria changes per school and per applicant.  Some schools are complete when they have received everything from LSAC.  Others, Duke, are complete after they have received everything and processed it (which takes them 3-4 weeks). 

Edit:  I didn't really answer the question fully.  Complete is just when the school has received all of the necessary components of an application, and the file has been given the complete stamp.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 10:51:39 AM »
Hehe.  An app is complete when they have every component (LSAT score, LOR's, application, PS, cert, payment of any app fees, LSDAs report) and once they have everything assembled into one complete folder and you are ready for an admissions person to review you, you are "complete"

SkullTatt

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 10:55:43 AM »
Well, that is sort of non-obvious, glad I asked!

I guess it makes sense that it takes a while after an app is "received" for them to go through it and make sure it is "complete" for their purposes, even though I myself know they have already received all the necessary components.

lava

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 10:58:42 AM »
Do all schools let us know that we are "complete"?  I wonder if I am supposed to be worrying about my "complete" status even if I know the school has my app and requested my LSAC report.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 11:05:42 AM »
Do all schools let us know that we are "complete"?  I wonder if I am supposed to be worrying about my "complete" status even if I know the school has my app and requested my LSAC report.

A few schools notified me by mail or e-mail that I was complete and a few have online status checks.