Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Washington University in St. Louis WL  (Read 3894 times)

uptowngirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Washington University in St. Louis WL
« on: July 05, 2004, 11:09:57 PM »
Has anyone heard from WUSTL whether they are even going to their wait list?  Has anyone gotten accepted off the wait list? 

taterstol

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 1L
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CoolDorky
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Washington University in St. Louis WL
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 11:25:43 PM »
I have a couple friends on their waitlist. They were still overdeposited after their second (june 1) deadline. There's one person on lawschoolnumbers.com that says he was accepted off the waitlist. Other than that I've heard of nobody.

It probably wouldn't hurt to call them yourself and ask if they expect to use the waitlist. Good luck.

feelthenoize

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 10:38:56 AM »
On the wait list.  I just sent them another rec letter and I may fly out there later this month.  I've really got my heart set on this place.... I'm sure I'll be disappointed.

uptowngirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 02:27:03 PM »
I just called and they told me that they are over deposited but there is a chance that people will drop out at the last minute.  It sounded to me like people probably won't get called from the wait list until August. 

taterstol

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 1L
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CoolDorky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 04:33:04 PM »
Sorry to hear it. If you'd be willing to leave on a minute's notice in august to go to wash u, then I would send another letter of rec and make it absolutely bluntly clear to them that you will attend if admitted, regardless of the date of admission. If it's august and they're gonna make an offer, I'm guessing they'll prefer people who aren't gonna turn them down.

feelthenoize

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 05:01:41 PM »
Just got that same email.  I thought all along their wait list notification letter was worded way too optimistically.  They made it sound like it was just a matter of when, not if, you'd be admitted.

I'm not giving up b/c my next best option is a tier 2 and the options after graduation will be vastly different.

uptowngirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 12:55:49 PM »
Why is it so important to send in another rec letter?  They already have three.  I've heard that it is better not to send in too many rec letters if you've only been asked for a certain number of rec letters.  I've already told them that I want to stay on the wait list until the very last minute, have written numerous letters expressing interest, have called them numerous times and also visited in April.   

feelthenoize

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 04:26:03 PM »
I don't know what else to do.  I don't have any good writing samples to send them, I haven't added anything to my resume since the spring, and I'm sure my phone calls and letters are just getting lost in the mix of all the other waitlist applicants.  Another rec letter seems like a good move to me.  If they ignore it, so be it.

lawyerette

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2004, 04:42:43 PM »
in terms of an extra recommendation, i am waitlisted at my top choice school and i took a trip down to the school to visit the dean of admissions around may 1. one thing he suggested i could do was to send another rec. i had already sent 3, but he said sending a 4th would be beneficial because it would demonstrate real committment to the school. so, i think you shuold send an extra rec if you have the time and a good person to write it. it can only help! good luck with wash u.

junbug77m

• 160/3.1 BS in BME/EE double major, Master's in BME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - junbug77m
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 01:21:38 PM »
any news from Wash U?  did they take anyone off the wait list this year?