Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If some1 only gets into a T3/T4, is it better to wait a year or try to transfer?  (Read 354 times)

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I am just thinking of possible back-up plans in case I don't get into any T2's this year. Before, I always just thought I would try again next year, but I've realized that one year of work experience is not going to do much. So my question is, is it a better decision to try to transfer out of a T3/T4 into a T2 or just wait 1 year to try again?

Note: Waiting two years is not an option for me. I really wouldn't even want to wait 1 year because 1 year of we is not going to benefit me much personally or resume wise. Traveling is not an option because of my financial situation, or rather lack of. The only difference would be another chance at getting a better LSAT score. But then again, T3's/T4's aren't really ALL that bad and the fact that I can transfer would be tempting.

Btw, I have a 3.46 and am practicing in the 160's for the Dec. LSAT but I always like to consider my options.  ;)

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Life doesn't end because you don't get into a top school.  A friend of mine went to Akron, and is now making six figures at a large firm.  It can happen.

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
A 3.46/160+ can get you into a few T1's. I wouldn't worry about it.

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

LawyersGunnersnMoney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
yeah, i dont know what your worried about.  a 3.46/160+ will get you into most tier 2s and a couple tier 1s

LawyersGunnersnMoney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
but if your #s turn out less, i doubt a year of avg we will make a big difference

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
but if your #s turn out less, i doubt a year of avg we will make a big difference

that's what i'm saying. so in that case, do you think i would be better off potentially just going to a t3/t4 and then trying to transfer my way up?

i know i have pretty good stats, but lsat's are tricky..

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

that's what i'm saying. so in that case, do you think i would be better off potentially just going to a t3/t4 and then trying to transfer my way up?

i know i have pretty good stats, but lsat's are tricky..

I'd rather be able to do this than score a 180 on the LSAT.

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
i rather get a 180.