Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's the skinny on Emory?  (Read 687 times)

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
What's the skinny on Emory?
« on: October 28, 2005, 07:56:11 PM »
I'd like another target/reach school, and I'm thinking about Emory. The numbers and stats look great, but ATL seems kind dirty to me... I've only been there a handful of times, didn't really like the city, but I also didn't really see much of it. Plus, from what I've read, the Atlanta market seems hard to crack. Anyway, if anybody has any experience (visits, lived in ATL, ect.) I'd be very interested in hearing about it. ???

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

Turritus

• View Profile
Re: What's the skinny on Emory?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 11:47:28 PM »
I used to live in Atlanta, and so can address a few of your concerns.  First, let me say I'm not in love with Atlanta.  Regardless, I don't think Atlanta is dirty.  Besides, Emory is north of the city.  As for the job market, I can't say for lawyers, but Atlanta's economy has been great for the past ten years, and I'd assume will continue to be for the near future.  If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 11:55:37 PM »
Why is it that no one asks, "What's the fatty on...."?  I think you should rephrase this, and ask for the fatty on Emory.  Maybe you'll get more replies...

lawstudent3

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 11:58:03 PM »
I visited Emory for UG and thought it was really nice.  Nice area, and there is Coke everywhere--this is very important to Coke-drinkers like myself.  Beautiful campus.  Sorry I can't speak much for the law school, but I thought I'd add my .02.  I'm applying to law school there as well.

dukakis1988

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 12:08:52 AM »
HOTLANTA = THE DRRTY DRRTY

Avoid Atlanta at all costs.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »
i remember being in Atlanta and being told not to go to certain places. because they were "dark."

heh.

gotta love the south  :P

i know people who went to emory, they liked it a lot.