Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I CANNOT improve my LR  (Read 906 times)

hummer69

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I CANNOT improve my LR
« on: October 28, 2005, 03:15:42 PM »
I have taken about 11 practice tests and worked my way from a 154 to a 166.  Not bad, but the score jump was mainly because of an increase in my Games score.  My LR has stayed the same.  I have read through the LRBible but still seem to struggle on them.  The worst part is, I will go through the test thinking I got almost every one right.  I am so confident when I do the test.  I also go over the answers when I am done and am able to see why I got the questions wrong.  Perhaps I'm just dumb.

What am I doing wrong?

Any tips?
English Majors and LSAT are not not friends

LSAT - Waiting
GPA - 3.65

Apps in at - Michigan, UVA, Emory, WUSTL, Wake, Miami

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I CANNOT improve my LR
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 03:28:49 PM »
I have taken about 11 practice tests and worked my way from a 154 to a 166.  Not bad, but the score jump was mainly because of an increase in my Games score.  My LR has stayed the same.  I have read through the LRBible but still seem to struggle on them.  The worst part is, I will go through the test thinking I got almost every one right.  I am so confident when I do the test.  I also go over the answers when I am done and am able to see why I got the questions wrong.  Perhaps I'm just dumb.

What am I doing wrong?

Any tips?

The thing with LR is that one day you'll wake up and just improve.  Your LR mark will stay constant for the longest time, and then it'll just hit you.  Do as many questoins are possible to familiarize yourself with it.  Good luck.

theunderdog

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 01:25:23 PM »
Well I don't know if it's that magical.  Just keep hammering away... keep learning and understanding everything.

the scientist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 02:21:02 PM »
LR is also my worst section ... i just dont see any improvement in LR for me and my performance in it is just unpredictable...its like one day i wake up and i start getting most of the questions right and the other day i get all of them wrong...  It makes me go LOCO.... i just dont know how to deal with it...i kow consistency will bring some confidence but when i get a bunch of Q's wrong..i get so discouraged that i dont even wanna look at the questions for  a while and start doing games or RC.

SolarysBlue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 05:13:29 PM »
I was also having problems w/LR even after reading just about every book out there on the subject. Finally after more timed preptests you "just get it" after a while. It does happen like the previous poster said.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 07:07:18 PM »
LR was always one of my better areas, but i found that when i started studying i wasn't careful enough when making deductions and inferences and would often take an answer that o'erreached the evidence and o'erlook an answer that was correct without inferring too much. you really have to watch out for words like all and every in answers. they tend to be a dead giveaway that an otherwise good answer could be wrong.

as for the parallels, well, those are just the bloody devil.