Law School Discussion

edit.

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Online Chat--worth while?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 07:08:20 PM »
I doubt any of these tricks will work. In my "complete" Yale email, I recall something about the entire faculty (or a subset) making admission decisions. I doubt Yale law faculty is going to review the guest book, check online chat data or receive summaries of these before deciding.

John Galt

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 07:09:04 PM »
I doubt any of these tricks will work. In my "complete" Yale email, I recall something about the entire faculty (or a subset) making admission decisions. I doubt Yale law faculty is going to review the guest book, check online chat data or receive summaries of these before deciding.

yeah man, way to burst the bubble though. :-\

TXcal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 07:12:48 PM »
The chat itself probably won't be helpful, but you might consider going anyway because a few current law students will be there.  They will most likely pass along their e-mail addresses (they did in the one I did several weeks back) and THEN you can get the skinny.  You aren't likely to get tons of info out of the chat, unfortunately, because it really is cluttered up with procedural questions and, when I was on, the delays between postings/answers made it sort of hard to really strike up a conversation with anyone.

mjb

Yale Online Chat
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 08:53:36 PM »
I just got an invite to attend one of these. Does everyone get them? I wont be applying for 06 but I will for 07. Should I attend it?

Dirt McGirt

• I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 10:36:57 PM »
How many people have gotten invites? Hundreds per chat? Thousands?

practiceboy02

• Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 10:45:46 PM »
Probably hundreds... I've gotten 2 Yale chat invites so far, and one of them specifically stated that it was for Cornell, Columbia, and NYU students (that's gotta be in the hundreds)

Dirt McGirt

• I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 10:52:05 PM »
Probably hundreds... I've gotten 2 Yale chat invites so far, and one of them specifically stated that it was for Cornell, Columbia, and NYU students (that's gotta be in the hundreds)

Cool. I got one for students from "selected Southeast schools." I had class so I couldn't attend.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 12:05:35 AM »
Numberswise I don't come across as yale material (below 25ths in each case) yet I received a chat session invite. What gives? I wasn't planning on applying but if receiving an invitation is a likely indicator of good news in the spring then perhaps I should.

On the other hand, perhaps they invite everyone and their mom to one of these sessions...any advice?

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 02:44:01 AM »
I got one of these invites as well. If they are sending them out by the dozens, how is it that the chatroom is run? It seems like there would reach a certain point that, given the incredibly high number of participants, it would be chaos. Could anyone that has participated in one of these explain how it's done?

John Galt

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 04:36:54 AM »
they have multiple rooms. I think each room is limited to 25 participants. I could be wrong. For the chat I did, only like 20 kids showed up.