Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thoughts on Toledo LS?  (Read 772 times)

mpete80

• Ave Maria Class of 2007
    • MSN Messenger - uofm97@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thoughts on Toledo LS?
« on: July 05, 2004, 02:04:45 PM »
Hey guys (and girls) what are your thoughts on Toledo. I am not in your league as far as LSAT/GPA so Tier 1 is out. Toledo is a Tier 2 (94)on the rise, so I have heard. I have talked to some students and alumni who say they have made a concerted effort to improve their rankings in USNEWS (although I am sure the adcomms will deny this). Is this a school with only a good local rep or is it thought to be on the way up regionally and possibly somewhat nationally? Thanks and congrats on all the AWESOME LSAT scores I have seen for you.

freshstart

• LSAT: 156, UGPA: 4.0
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Toledo LS?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 02:14:48 PM »
I think Toledo is a good school.  My personal belief is that the dean is what has made the school,so as long as he is there, I expect to see continued improvement.  It is a very personal school with small class sizes.  They also offer a huge number of full-ride scholarships each year.

I did not score well on the LSAT either, but I did get full ride offers from Stetson and Toledo and have decided to attend Stetson.  I still think Toledo is a slightly better school overall, but Stetson had some specialized clinics, a strong trial advocacy program, and is in a climate and economy that I prefer over Toledo.  I plan to practice in the Southeast, so that had a lot to do with my decision.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post again or send me a pm.