Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 147 LSAT, laughing it's so bad....will i ever get in anywhere?  (Read 16977 times)

• View Profile
Hi all,

So, got my LSAT score back and it's, yes.....a 147. Believe it. It's so bad, I started laughing.  I do have a 3.6 GPA from a competitive university, though. Will I ever get in ANYWHERE? It's so bad, I'm sure law schools will take one look at it and laugh.

buster

Re: 147 LSAT, laughing it's so bad....will i ever get in anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 12:17:37 PM »
sounds like a retake, but in the meantime...

http://www.chiashu.com/cgi-bin/lsac.cgi?gpa=3.6&lsat=147

Ginatio

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 12:23:38 PM »
That just shows you how much of a worthless pos that calculator is... he has a better shot of getting into Harvard at 8% with that low LSAT than any other school on there... riiiight

buster

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 12:30:07 PM »
Actually, that's .00008 for Harvard.

That just shows you how much of a worthless pos that calculator is... he has a better shot of getting into Harvard at 8% with that low LSAT than any other school on there... riiiight

Ginatio

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 12:31:59 PM »
I didn't see the scientific notation. ha. good call

superiorlobe

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 01:04:27 PM »
You have a good chance at Ave Maria University School of Law.  They have money and are up and coming.  I would go there.  In five years it will look like you went to a top-50 school :)

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 01:14:07 PM »
take a prep course and retake it if you are really serious about studying law.   :) 
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

ruskiegirl

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 04:50:56 AM »
I agree that you should try retaking the test.  In the event that you do not see a significant increase in your score, apply to Stetson.  It favors GPA and has a great regional reputation in Florida.

jg049457

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 02:40:55 PM »
I agree that you should take it over. I wound up raising my score 8 points -- high enough that most schools would throw out the lower score. Even if you were able to raise your score 5 points, that'd bring you up to a 152 and you'd have a lot more options.

With that being said, I pulled out my handy dandy Cahnce Calculator (I made it on excel using the formulas and stats from lsac.org -- it's great!) and plugged in your numbers. It looks like you can count Texas Southern as a safety but have very good shots at many t3 and t4 schools. In the top 100, it looks like you have a shot at Arkansas-Fayetteville, Denver, Indiana-Indianopolis, Missouri-Kansas City, Toledo, and Seattle. I hope that helps a little bit.

glascow1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 04:42:43 PM »
dont fear - I scored a 148 the first time I took and scored 159 the second.....study your ass off it helps....
Fordham Law 2008