Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The second Round.  (Read 1531 times)

lulu1234

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The second Rdound.
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 03:58:17 PM »
retaker,

i am doing 10 hrs of private tutoring...i'm not the type to study very well on my own, and thought this would be good way to have an expert diagnose and help me on my weaknesses. of course, it is veryyy expensive, so it's only something to do if you have the resources.

good idea that you bought the bibles- i found them very useful, especially the LR bible. i think i need to work on memorizing what to do for each Question type- i found that on the real thing, i was nervous and just going off my gut, instead of using the tactics.

i agree, i feel like each game is now familiar to me. but, there are probably still a lot of LRs out there that you won't remember, and even if it sounds familiar, be able to justify your answer instead of relying on memory.

retaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 06:25:09 PM »
thank you for the help. I really appreciated it. GOOD LUCK.

by the way - what company are you going through for private tutors?

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 07:55:22 PM »
Thanks for the advice lex.  I was thinking about doing this too, and just noting on my application that I would be retaking in December. 

Uwofresh... have you decided what schools you're applying to?

Sorry for the late reponse..
I'm applying to all Ontario law school except for U of T, which i have no chance at.  I'm also applying to dalhousie and manitoba as my safety.  UBC told me I'd be very competitive, so I might think about it later on, and that applies to mcgill as well.

MY ideal choice would be Osgoode(which I have a shot at now, but I'd have to wait A LONG time to be accepted) and Ottawa.

How bout you?

rwalker130

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 05:44:05 PM »
uwofresh, what is your last 2 years GPA?

I graduated from Western in 99, have been in the workforce for 6 years (mostly in the US), and recently completed some grad school courses in Public Admin part-time.  Always wanted to go to LS but didn't get the grades I should have in my years in London.  Too many nights at the Ceeps, Barney's and Jim Bob's I guess.

I also scored a 159 on the October, and it looks like my GPA is about a B. The difference for me is the mature student category I fall into at U of T, Manitoba, and many others.  I am hedging my bets and applying to Calgary, Toronto, Windsor, and Manitoba.  I thought I would have no chance at Toronto, but it turns out they have a hugely unpredictable mature student category that I qualify for, and with the upside potential of getting into the best school in the country, I have to take a shot at it. 

Anyway, apologies for the life story, but it's good to see another UWO grad on board.

Cheers,

R

be10dwn

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 05:58:15 PM »
god will someone please fix the title of this thred. it is bugging the *&^% out of me

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 06:11:08 PM »
hi Rwalker130, My last two years at Western was 86.5% and 85% respectively, which comes to around 3.77 on OLSAS GPA chart.

It's also good to see a fellow Western Alumni..I always felt that our grads just don't get enough credit! ;)
Which program did you graduate from?  I graduated with ACS program.

I think you have a shot at a several Ontario schools with a 159 and a B average.  If you apply under mature category, it will definitely boost your chances, given that you have a decent work experience. 

Where do you plan to attend?

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 06:11:42 PM »
god will someone please fix the title of this thred. it is bugging the sh*t out of me

Sorry for the spelling error.  I'll fix that right now.

be10dwn

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 06:14:40 PM »
god will someone please fix the title of this thred. it is bugging the sh*t out of me

Sorry for the spelling error.  I'll fix that right now.

:) you made my day hehe

rwalker130

• View Profile
Re: The second Round.
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 09:15:25 PM »
Hey Be10dwn,

Is it thread, or thred?  ;)

R