Law School Discussion

The second Round.

Re: The second Rdound.
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 08:19:18 PM »
Thanks for the advice lex.  I was thinking about doing this too, and just noting on my application that I would be retaking in December. 

Uwofresh... have you decided what schools you're applying to?

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 08:36:07 PM »
I'm retaking, I've decided not to study until I take the Testmasters course in 2 weeks, then cram like crazy. Luckily for me finals aren't until the week of December 12th so my studying for that won't be interrupted.

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 08:57:22 PM »
about sending them in now- I'm going to wait until right after the dec test, just in case the worst scenario happens and i need to cancel. at least for me, it's a lot of pressure to send them in now telling them that i'm retaking in dec, because what if something dire happens and i have to cancel- my app will only look worse then. also, i heard they don't even look at your app until dec score comes out anyway, which sorta defeats the purpose.

lex19

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 09:00:32 PM »
but they'll be ready for your app and just be waiting on your score, and i'm just going on advice from northwestern and cornell adcomms....but good luck anywho

edit: lulu call up a few places and ask, you don't have to give them your name and you'll actually be hearing it from the horses mouth as to whether or not it looks poorly if a person withdraws their app

lex19

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 09:04:57 PM »
also good luck everyone with your studies although i could be spending more time on my apps and studying i'm grateful for lsd and all of the info & support it has to offer.....okay time for me to go to bed i tend to get mushy when i'm tired, lol

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 10:44:04 PM »
that's so strange, because I asked the cornell rep too, and he said that yes, it is fine to turn it in early if you are sure you want to apply. he also said that it won't be reviewed until the score comes out, and that you'll be put "somewhere" in the december pile, not necessarily exactly the first even if you submit early.

but yes, i do agree that submitting early can only be a good thing, if you are not easily nervous and 99% will not cancel on dec 1. good luck!

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 12:17:57 PM »
LULU - I am basically in the same boat as you - 161 on October but was averaging 168 on practice tests with 3.7 gpa. Just out of curiosity, how will you be studying for december? I took testmasters, and i feel like ive already done all there is out there - including 99 percent of the preptests? I bought the two "bibles" and was going to try to work through those, but just wanted to see what other people were doing.

thanks

lex19

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 12:39:19 PM »
how often will you guys be taking timed tests??? i've saved the latest 8 to take timed during nov. i know it's probably more than enough but i'd rather be safe than sorry

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 12:45:16 PM »
I don't have any tests that I havent either taken, or seen questions from - i dont know what to do!

lex19

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 12:54:19 PM »
i think it comes down to whether or not you're strong enough to sit through the tests without being like "i remember this one" if anything you'll only learn more.....i too have done 40,41,42 in the past but it's been a while....good luck retaker!