Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The second Round.  (Read 1530 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
The second Round.
« on: October 26, 2005, 06:24:31 PM »
After receiving a 159 on my LSAT, I've decided to retake. My highest was a 161 on Preptest #49 and some may wonder why I would retake it when I only did 2 scale points lower. 

The fact is that, I am safe with a lot of the canadian law schools I want to get in to since I have a high GPA.  However, I feel like I can still improve with the extra month I have, and I want to prove to myself I can do better the second time around.  I strongly feel this way because I was really nervous on the first three sections, where I screwed up the most.  Hopefully, I can do a better job second time around.
 ;D

Sp33d

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The second Rdound.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 08:16:30 PM »
good luck..im taking in december too  :D

supergirluw

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 09:16:18 PM »
good luck! retaking is the smart thing to do - just because you're highest was a 161 this past round, it doesn't mean you can't average a 175 this time. and don't listen to statistics for how well you can do next time - a little stamina and a lot of devotion goes a LONG way.

The Overman

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am the lightning, I am the frenzy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 09:25:23 PM »
Good luck!
I'm still trying to get my applications done.
The difference in personal statement lengths for the various Ontario law schools is killing me.

elsrtop11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 09:25:44 PM »
I feel you uwofresh.  I also scored a 159 on the October LSAT.  I was averaging around a 165, so I know I can do better.  The key for me is getting to every question.  I had to blindly guess on 7 this last time, which brought my score down considerably.  

Right now I'm concerned with sending out applications so late.  I had originally  planned on sending out apps this week, but seeing as how I'll be taking the LSAT in December, I guess I should wait and apply in January.  

Is anyone else doing this?  It seems like Jan is a bit late to be sending out apps.  What does everyone else think?

saguaro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 09:40:48 PM »
I suppose I'm in the same boat as you guys, I just don't feel that my score was reflective of my ability and plan to retake. Good luck on december! Are any of you also low on preptests? I went into October thinking that this would be my one and only so I don't really have much left. Any strategies for this situation?
UGPA 3.56 CS/POL major
Oct 1st - 158
Dec 3rd - 160

gailrules

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 09:50:56 PM »
I'm retaking in Dec.

I got a 154 in June (after averaging 155).

I'm averaging 163 right now.

elsrtop11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 10:08:01 PM »
If you studied a lot before October, then I would suggest taking a good break from LSAT for at least 3 weeks or so.  This is what I plan on doing (both out of necessity and because I think a break can be good).  I think part of what went wrong for me in October was that I was approaching the test without the seriousness/urgency that I had when I started studying for the LSAT.  I'll probably take two practice tests before Dec. 3 and not worry about it. 

theunderdog

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 10:48:52 PM »
uwofresh:

Best of wishes.

regards, theunderdog.

lex19

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 10:54:21 PM »
hey if you're retaking or taking in dec and applying to schools for this cycle i'm told that it's best to get your apps in now, before i was planning on having them in the first of dec but after talking to a few adcomms at various schools i'm sending em in asap, good luck!