Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LORs from LSAC  (Read 173 times)

jakeb1881

• Sr. Citizen
  • The board's newest Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Email
LORs from LSAC
« on: October 26, 2005, 01:05:38 PM »
I've got three general letters sent into LSAC, but most of the schools I'm apply to only require two (but all will accept at least three).  Will LSAC only send the number of letters the school absolutely requires, or will they send the maximum the school accepts?
Attending:  Vanderbilt Law Class of '09

GPA: 3.67
LSAT: 166

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jakeb1881

bobbykurva

• View Profile
Re: LORs from LSAC
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 02:08:57 PM »
You need to go to the LOR's tab in your LSDAS account and specify which letters you want available to each school you apply to.

mb3303

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LORs from LSAC
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 02:16:53 PM »
I actually emailed LSAC about this recently and was told that all letters on file will be sent to all schools automatically up to the cutoff # of letters accepted by a given school unless you designate specific 'targeted' letters be sent to a specific school. So assuming you don't have targeted letters, LSAC will automatically send all 3 letters unless a particular school doesn't accept that many, in which case they'll send whatever the maximum is. HOWEVER, if you have 3 general letters on file and a school accepts only 2, I do not know how you/LSAC decides which 2 should go to that particular school. Perhaps you can email LSAC and ask. They've been very prompt and helpful with me.