Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Would you be more upset if your man cheated on you with....

A Man
 9 (69.2%)
A woman
 1 (7.7%)
Both the same
 3 (23.1%)
Neither
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: "Invisible"...The movie about the DL (Down low) Black Man  (Read 16977 times)

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
"Invisible"...The movie about the DL (Down low) Black Man
« on: October 26, 2005, 12:26:13 PM »
I just got this email about the movie "Invisible" and it's about the highly talked about subject of Black men who are living heterosexual lives but also sleeping with men in secret.  Here is the link to the trailer.....tell me what you think.  :-\

http://www.billduke.com/mainindex.html
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: "Invisible"...The movie about the DL Black Man
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 12:29:15 PM »
hey MsJay.. is this supposed to be based on the book Invisible life by E Lynn Harris?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: "Invisible"...The movie about the DL Black Man
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 12:33:06 PM »
hey MsJay.. is this supposed to be based on the book Invisible life by E Lynn Harris?

Hey Blk....I don't think so.....Have you ever read the book "On the Down Low" by JL King....It kind of sounds like that, but I don't know much about the movie just yet......Did u watch the trailer?  Scary! :-\
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: "Invisible"...The movie about the DL (Down low) Black Man
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 12:47:27 PM »
u're right.. it isn't based on the book.. i just watched the preview... that is really crazy... i'm pretty sure that a lot of people will go see it
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 12:52:14 PM »
Did u read the book I asked about.......

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 12:54:55 PM »

no... how was it ? I read Invisible Life in undergrad though... I remember all of my male classmates protesting because it was required reading.. I heard about JL King...and saw him on Oprah..thought it was very strange for him to consider himself straight though..

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 01:06:53 PM »
Girl that book made my stomache curl.....I couldn't believe that a man that has engaged in as much homosexual activity as he had could possibly consider himself to be straight either....That man is NOT straight!

Wow....what class was Invisible Life required for?  I've read all the E Lynn Harris books, but just as recreational reading to get away from British Lit....English major....Man am I glad that's over!

no... how was it ? I read Invisible Life in undergrad though... I remember all of my male classmates protesting because it was required reading.. I heard about JL King...and saw him on Oprah..thought it was very strange for him to consider himself straight though..

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 01:15:16 PM »
it was for an African American Cultural Experience class that I took...

lex19

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 01:17:11 PM »
i caught that oprah too, and was bugged out like "how the f can you really justify not being a homosexual"

i also saw a movie on HBO, was def small budget independent that focused on a "down low" brother...the dude wanted to try and make it work b/c she was expecting, but in the end home girl said i just gotta let it go, du dun dun dunnnn

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 01:20:08 PM »
I still haven't caight the whole episode on Oprah....But that book was more than enough....I mean his wife actually walked in on him having sex with a man from church..... :o