Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law school without BA  (Read 914 times)

Foxy

• View Profile
    • Email
Law school without BA
« on: October 26, 2005, 03:06:52 AM »
Hi,

Iam 30 years old and single mother. I am working full time and taking everning classes at UCLA for the last two year and half. I have read that some law school accept student who does not have a BA, but just have some school credits. Does anyone knows which school  does and what are the requirements ?

Thanks,
F

FeelingBulletproof

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Law school without BA
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 09:50:17 PM »
Hi. I know that here in Missouri some law schools allow a student to complete 3 years of undergrad work in which they take all the required courses for their bachelor's degree and then enter law school and essentially count the first year of law school as fulfilling the electives required to complete the undergrad degree. This allows a student to complete both the bachelor's and JD in 6 years rather than 7. I learned this by talking to the law school admissions counselor at one of the school's I'm interested in attending. Too bad I didn't hear about it when I was working on my bachelor's. I'd suggest you start with the school you're attending for your bachelor's and see if they have a similar program. If not, call around to other schools in the area. Good luck.