Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Application Fee Waivers  (Read 1255 times)

Big D

• 3.66 GPA, 173 LSAT
    • View Profile
Application Fee Waivers
« on: July 05, 2004, 03:22:14 AM »
I just got my LSAT score back, and I got a 173 (99th percentile) which I'm thrilled about, since my practice test average was 166.  My question is, I've seen people on here mention that some schools gave them application fee waivers for having high LSAT scores.  Is this true, and if it is, how and when do they do this?  And what schools do this?  Is it just 4th tier schools, or do higher ranked ones do this as well?

Ginatio

Re: Application Fee Waivers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 12:17:13 PM »
Ranked schools as well as a lot of Tier 3s and 2s.

with a 171 I received waivers from Columbia, U. of Southern Cal, Santa Clara, Northwestern, Indiana (Bloomington), Chicago-Kent, Temple, and a bunch of other places I didn't bother applying to.

also, I took the december test, so it was cutting close to applications deadlines. you guys with the june test will probably get a ton more app waivers

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 01:41:04 PM »
Woohoo!  That's good news.  I got a 171, and I'm applying to some of the schools on your list :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 01:55:27 PM »
Do you have to contact particular schools for fee waivers or do they contact you after you take your lsat?

Ginatio

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 04:08:52 PM »
They contact you directly by mail or email... usually by mail. also, they normally send the application materials along with the waiver, so given that most schools don't have their application materials ready yet, I wouldn't expect to hear from them till late September at the earliest

Do you have to contact particular schools for fee waivers or do they contact you after you take your lsat?