Law School Discussion

Texas Tech Fall 2006

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2006
« Reply #2600 on: August 08, 2006, 09:13:16 AM »
haha yeah that's definately a kitten.

the "wtf was i thinking" is hitting me again.. probably because I leave tomorrow. Seriously, where did the summer go?

« Reply #2601 on: August 08, 2006, 09:29:50 AM »
I still can't figure out what her avatar is.  Someone mentioned a cat, but I'm not seeing that.

On another front, my roomie and I are uber-excited.  We just ordered Dish Network, and for $46/month ($3 more than standard cable from Cox), we get up to 4 televisions, DVR, and the greatest package of sports programming in America: Fox Sports Southwest, the three regional Comcast Sports networks, Sunshine Sports Network, MSG Network, NESN, SPEED Network, and NFL Network.

kruddler

• Lubbock.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2602 on: August 08, 2006, 09:37:19 AM »
GU, you'll realize you made a good decision come January when you're no longer putting up with cold, windy winters.

Um, no, we have those in Lubbock...

You'll realize you made a good decision as soon as you get here when you realize no one talks funny.

Um, wait, people here talk funny...

You'll realize you made a good decision when you drink your first Lone Star beer.

Um, but Lone Star tastes like stale rat urine*...

Just trust us on this. Before you go, download (legally, of course) Gary P. Nunn's "What I Like About Texas." You'll realize that Texas is all about another burrito, a cold Lone Star in your hand, a quarter for the jukebox, boys, play the son of the Mother Lovin' Bunkhouse Band.

Maybe sometime you can plan a weekend trip to Ciudad Acuna. Mexico rocks way harder than Canada.

*--For the record, I've never tasted stale rat urine.

« Reply #2603 on: August 08, 2006, 12:04:52 PM »
they took down the crappy art work in the forum!!!11

chrisfield

• Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: August 08, 2006, 12:54:02 PM »
Do we just use the bookstore on campus for our books? (I bought all but a couple off of Amazon)

72offsuit

• miss that hair...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2605 on: August 08, 2006, 01:06:32 PM »
GU I've lived in northern Illinois, Indiana, Texas, South Carolina, and ALabama and I gotta tell ya, having a little bit of snow, without having to deal with 4 feet burying your car is the way to go. Lubbock averages 11 inches of snow per year, Which I believe is just right. You get the joy of snow without the hassel. Also, Texas has like the best food on the planet. You'll be fine once you settle in.

TexasTiger14

• War Eagle!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2606 on: August 08, 2006, 01:45:10 PM »
Maybe sometime you can plan a weekend trip to Ciudad Acuna. Mexico rocks way harder than Canada.

All 1L's should visit Acuna one weekend.  ;D

We took a crew down, but alas, me and Gujuguy didn't get to see the "donkey" show in Boystown and left quite dissapointed..... :-\

There is a God. This is seriously bigger news than Tech moving up in USNews rankings.  ;D

stc34

• View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: August 08, 2006, 02:21:13 PM »

All 1L's should visit Acuna one weekend.  ;D

We took a crew down, but alas, me and Gujuguy didn't get to see the "donkey" show in Boystown and left quite dissapointed..... :-\

There is a God. This is seriously bigger news than Tech moving up in USNews rankings.  ;D

Texas Tech moved up in the rankings?

texas1

• where is the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: August 08, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »

Had I known sooner, I might not have transferred - the art was THAT BAD!!!

TexasTiger14

• War Eagle!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2609 on: August 08, 2006, 02:50:04 PM »
Texas Tech moved up in the rankings?

Well not yet.....I'm just saying getting rid of the forum art work is better than moving up.

Had I known sooner, I might not have transferred - the art was THAT BAD!!!

Georgetown right?

I was up in DC right after finals and loved that area.

I've gotta figure out a way to get the Army to assign me to Ft. Belvoir or the Pentagon after OBC.....norther VA/DC is gorgeous.