Law School Discussion

Texas Tech Fall 2006

TexasTiger14

• War Eagle!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texas Tech Fall 2006
« Reply #2590 on: August 07, 2006, 10:13:21 AM »
Anyone have any hints on how to acclimate a 9 yo cat to a new apartment?  I'm hoping he adjusts well, but anythign I can do to make it easier would be better.

Put butter on your cats feet. Least thats the "home remedy" our vet told us when we moved back in the day. Worked too, I think the cat just spends all day licking off the butter and once he's done he can't smell the scent of his old surroundings, or something to that effect...........in any case, its just funny to watch your cat lick butter off his feet for hours. Almost as funny as feeding tootsie rolls to dogs.  ;D

« Reply #2591 on: August 07, 2006, 12:15:32 PM »
lol. that is so cruel...

kruddler

• Lubbock.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2592 on: August 07, 2006, 03:53:22 PM »
Yes, I'm persevorating...but did anyone ever get a boot camp confirmation after sending an e-mail?

« Reply #2593 on: August 07, 2006, 03:54:26 PM »
Ok guys two things:
  First, go to the vet and get "kitty-ludes."  Also, ask for the kitty pill-popper.  This gizmo is about six inches long and throws the pill down fluffy's gullet without the owner losing a digit.  Kitty-ludes are the best thing ever.  Not only will your cat adjust to the move better but they'll do it stoned!  
  Next, in regards to all the .22 and .45 comments; there are two really good ranges here and an IDPA club.  I don't know how everyone feels (nor really care) about guns but, there is ample shooting here (just not at cats).
  Golf and running; not enough hills for the latter but for golf; this place rocks!!!
  Finally, if anyone needs kid-care as they are unpacking their stuff let me know or, refer back to my first point.
Cheers!

« Reply #2594 on: August 07, 2006, 04:02:02 PM »
Ok guys two things:
    Next, in regards to all the .22 and .45 comments; there are two really good ranges here and an IDPA club.  I don't know how everyone feels (nor really care) about guns but, there is ample shooting here (just not at cats).

I'm really thinking that I may take up skeet shooting as a hobby.  I've done it a few limited times and enjoy it quite a bit, and unlike hobbies like hunting and golf, you aren't required to chase anything across the pasture after you hit it.  Once you hit it, it's all over with, and you just move on to the next target.  Plus, firing off the ol' Remington 20 gauge at inanimate objects might be a good way to relieve some stress and relax from the rigors of the law books.

And if anyone IS looking to shoot at cats, I can point you to several.

« Reply #2595 on: August 07, 2006, 04:14:23 PM »
Cats,
  I love all of God's creatures, especially the ones made out of meat.  My three year-old on the other hand likes to grab our cats by their tails and pull them around on the tile floors.  I used to try and discourage this behavior because I didn't want to have to explain why the kitty was dead to a three year-old.  Lately however, I've decided that if the cats haven't figured out that the little girl equals pain then maybe Darwin was right.  Monkeys into men, how stupid is that...

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2596 on: August 07, 2006, 08:12:26 PM »
kruddler, you can breathe a sigh of relief. the boot camp email confirmation just arrived...

« Reply #2597 on: August 07, 2006, 10:36:37 PM »
Someone remind me moving to Texas was a good idea please.... :-[

« Reply #2598 on: August 08, 2006, 07:00:15 AM »
Someone remind me moving to Texas was a good idea please.... :-[
You're coming to Texas, the greatest nation on the face of the Earth.  Of course it's a good idea.  ;)

« Reply #2599 on: August 08, 2006, 08:41:01 AM »
GU, don't worry....you will NOT regret it.  Especially after meeting all of us.   ;)

And I always thought your avatar was a bunny face down in cheerios....I guess I need to get my glasses on.