Texas Tech Fall 2006

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - markk0120
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texas Tech Fall 2006
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2005, 07:44:36 AM »
Great info Suzy! And I would guess that they would quote you the "long" end of the timeframe they have in mind -- it could come even earlier.

So, if you get an acceptance from TTU, are you in? Or are you still looking at others also?

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2005, 07:55:00 AM »
Hey, Mek and Suz!  Great news, thanks for letting us know!  I honestly think ED's will hear befor Dec. 1.  I was reading Law School Confidential and they said turnaround time for ED can be a week to 10 days after completion for schools on rolling admissions.  (Of course, then they probably send letters via snail mail).  But in any case, folks, I'm willing to place money on a pre-december notification.  In spite of this optimism, I am feeling the urge to call the admissions office.  I think I'll do that in a few minutes.  I will let you know how it goes -- do you want me to ask any specifics?   

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2005, 07:59:05 AM »
May not be appropriate to ask right now, but I'm curious as to when financial aid awards will be offered to ED applicants.

You are quite the optimist, Texaschic -- I'm "totally" in, "pre-December" notification for ED applicants... I hope you are correct!

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2005, 08:40:19 AM »
You are quite the optimist, Texaschic -- I'm "totally" in, "pre-December" notification for ED applicants... I hope you are correct!
[/quote]

Me too....here's a little pessimism: if I get rejected, you and Suzy will have to personally come to my house and remove the gun from my hand. Just kidding! I'll try and ask about financial aid and let you know.

SuzyQ06

• I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2005, 10:40:01 AM »
Actually, I am leaning toward the Christmas quote to be an optimistic hope...but I may just be telling myslef that so I won't get my hopes up.  (I can think of one thing I would LOVE for christmas!!! )  ;) 

If I get into TTU, it is very possible I will go there.  There are a few other schools that I want to keep my options open for, but the more I look at Tech the more I like it.  One drawback is the undergrad pop. there (sorry Tech UGs).  To put it nicely, they hate my UG.  When I go there this weekend, I am expecting the worst.  The law school will be great, but the students at large....

It also depends on money (which counts in Tech's favor). 

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2005, 11:27:29 AM »
Ok, guys, the phone call didn't give me much.  Cheri answered the phone and she sounded swamped and kind of rushed (she was really nice though), so I didn't get to ask her about the financial aid.  She just said they have rec'd everything for me and they will be sending my file to committee tomorrow or Friday. Ahhhh!  Well, now I know which days to pray extra hard!  ;)  Then she was like, "OK, bye" and I just said "thanks" and forgot to ask her my other two questions!  Guess I was nervous. So, I'm sorry that doesn't really give y'all any more insight.  Anyway, I'm still planning on visiting next Friday, Nov. 11th, so I will ask then. 

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2005, 11:49:50 AM »
Suzy -- I'm not sure I'm clear on the problem... TTU undergrads don't like your undergrad school? I wouldn't let that keep you away. Hopefully you will have a good experience when you visit and this won't even be an issue anymore!

Texaschic -- Sorry you didn't get your questions answered. At least you know when they are looking at your file though! That is great news.

On LSN there is an applicant from last year who received an acceptance letter on 11/10...

SuzyQ06

• I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2005, 10:21:07 AM »
Mek, yeah, my feelings about their UG shouldn't play a role in my decision, but they are kinda inseparable.  Hopefully the visit will go well and ease any concerns...

On that note:

I just found out that they CANCELLED the law school tour.  *sigh*  I called Tech to try and set one up myself, but they don't do tours on weekends.  I emailed the people at my UG who set up the tour to find out who their contact was and if that person wouldn't mind giving me a tour...next step...take it to the "other side" of the board and see if there are current law students out there who wouldnt mind giving me a tour and the skinny on law at Tech. 

I'm a little upset because this was the perfect opportunity for me.  Lubbock is 8 hours from here...its not exactly close to anything.  Now I am just going to Lubbock to watch a sorry azz game.  Oh well.  I can still wander aimlessly around the law school.

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2005, 03:32:55 PM »
Hey Suzy,

Sorry about the cancelled tour!  That kinda stinks....but it's gonna be a great game this weekend!  I wish I could go home and watch.  As Mek said, DO NOT let those UG feelings keep you from TTU law.  Law students are a different breed and I would hope eveyone looks past everyone else's UG backgroud.  I'm sure it will be a completely different atmosphere.  Plus, I'm sure we won't have time for a social life or any football games once we're in.   :)  You should email or call admissions and see if they would be willing to put you in contact with a current law student who would be willing to show you around over the weekend.  I bet they would be happy to arrange that.  I tried emailing Donna in this morning about a visit next week and haven't heard back, so you might be better off calling them directly.  Good luck!

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2005, 04:31:47 PM »
Suzy, Sorry to hear they canceled the tour on you. I hope you can get something lined up -- if not, just wander around and take some photos to post for us!

OK... now I'm just really curious about this whole undergrad thing. I didn't go to Tech for UG, but it never crossed my mind that that was an issue. (I went to Baylor in case you are wondering.) Where did you go to undergrad? Did you have some bad experience with Tech, or with someone from there? This has piqued my interest...

Texaschic - any word on a tour for you? I was hoping to get out there within the next month, but it's looking like that may not happen due to work. Oh well, I'm going to go anyway as long as they accept me, so I guess it doesn't really matter...