Texas Tech Fall 2006

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - markk0120
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texas Tech Fall 2006
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2005, 12:25:57 PM »
I just received an email notification from Donna Williams (Admissions Counselor) that my application has been received, and they will be reviewing it tomorrow or next week! While this obviously doesn't mean much, I'm just glad to know they have it and are ready to review it.

If anyone else hears anything on their application process, please let us know.

SuzyQ06

• I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2005, 01:00:53 PM »
I just transmitted my app to Tech (and Colorado) last night.  How long did it take them to request a report.  Colorado just requested mine.  That was fast! 

Kinda made me a little nervous to think that "I" am sitting on some desk in Colorado now.

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2005, 01:06:45 PM »
They have not requested the LSDAS report yet. I just received an email from the admissions counselor letting me know it had been received (I sent it via USPS, not electronically), and that they would begin reviewing it either tomorrow or next week.

I will post when they request the report, and when I get any future communication from them.

So is Tech a first choice for you? Or Colorado? Are you applying elsewhere?

sarmstrong806

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2005, 02:40:05 PM »
I've talked with Donna on the phone and they are definitely keeping busy.

It took 14 days for Tech to request my report.

Has anyone recieved a complete notification yet?

My report was sent 10/24, but LSAC says 8-10 days.

I agree that we should post any news as soon as we hear.

SuzyQ06

• I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2005, 06:25:54 PM »
I am applying everywhere in Texas plus Colorado and OU.  I am holding off on a few applications though.  I'd really like to hear what Tech has to say about me. 

I am going to visit on Nov. 5.  I'll let yall know what I think. 

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2005, 10:10:11 PM »
Suzy - let us know how the visit goes for sure. We were out there last weekend and went to the Tech/KState game -- I'm definitely excited about the opportunity to go to real college football games! (I did go to Baylor for undergrad...) I didn't get to tour the law school though. We'll be going back soon I hope.

SuzyQ06

• I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2005, 11:18:28 PM »
I am going up there for a game as well.  I love a good roadtrip...Its about 9/10 hours from where I am (that won't be too hard for you to figure out now ::)).

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2005, 07:55:38 AM »
Hey future "Red Raider Litigators" (said in a rhyming chant!)

Ok, here's what's happened with my file:

9/8/05  Sent app. electronically
10/1/05  Took LSAT (did fair - not excellent, not pitiful)
10/12/05 Tech rec'd my application and sent the email (below); they also requested a report on that day
10/24/05  LSAC sent my report and said it would take 8-10 days

"This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for admission to the fall 2006 entering class at Texas Tech University School of Law.   When your Law Services file is complete, they will send us an official LSDAS report.  Please pay careful attention to the Activity Updates that you will receive each month from Law Services.  These updates will inform you of the exact status of your Law Services File.  Once we receive this report, and any other requested materials, your Admissions file will be complete and ready to be reviewed. 

Most applicants for Early Decision will be notified of admissions decisions by mid-January, 2006.  However, the Admission Committee may defer a decision on an applicant’s file so that it can be considered along with the applications in the Regular Admission Program.

Thank you for your interest in Texas Tech School of Law."

Now, a few itmes in question....A) I cannot wait until mid-January.  Do you think it will be sooner than that?  B) would it be annoying to call them at the "8-10 day" mark to check on my file status?  C) Why didn't they say they'd be reviewing my file tomorrow or next week?  I'm a little antsy (sp?) if you can't tell!

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005, 10:43:22 PM »
Texaschic - Thanks for giving us the timeline for your application process with TTU. Mine would be as follows:

June 6 - took LSAT
Oct 21 - sent paper app to TTU via mail
Oct 27 - received notice via email that app had been received
Oct 28 - Report requested from LSDAS
As of right now, LSDAS has not sent the report -- I'm guessing they will on Monday.

To answer your questions: \

A) I have no idea when they will send offer/decline letters, but I would guess for those "easy" decisions (either way), the letters would come before mid January. I have nothing to base that on though -- just a guess. For the record, I also hope to find out well before mid-January.

B) I'd probably give it a full two weeks, then follow up with a phone call or email to Donna Williams stating "I just wanted to make sure you had received the LSDAS report, and see if there was any additional information I could provide that might aid in your decision-making process" or something like that.

C) It sounds like the email you received is a standard "notice of receipt" email. The email I got from Donna Williams was more "personal" since I emailed her asking if my file had been received -- I wanted to make sure they had it since the Nov 1 ED deadline was approaching. She wrote back saying they had it, and that it would be reviewed "tomorrow or next week". I have not yet received the "standard" email that you copied in your post - if I do, I will let you know.

I hope this info helps. Let us know if anything new happens -- I think we are all anxious for news right now.

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2005, 12:43:04 PM »
Update - LSDAS sent my report today (10/31/05) to TTU. Two of my LORs are in, and the third is on its way today. So now the real waiting begins...

If anyone hears anything, or goes for a visit, please post so we can know what to expect.