Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What boards would you like to see here?  (Read 5927 times)

Teach

Re: What boards would you like to see here?
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2003, 03:19:24 PM »
Nice board, It's been awhile since I perused anything outside of nontradlaw.com. I think you have a good start, keep it clean, have some fun with it, and the traffic will come eventually. How about some avatars and rankings :>)

mpk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2003, 02:11:40 AM »
Well, I wouldn't mind seeing a section for people trying to transfer... I don't know how popular this idea would be, but at the very least it would give incoming students an idea of what to expect (sounds like a lot of people say they will try to transfer after the first year).  It would also give transferring students a forum to talk in while they are applying.  

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 07:13:38 AM »
I think that's a great idea.  I've created a transferring board in the Student's section here:

http://lawschooldiscussion.org/cgi-bin/students/YaBB.cgi?board=transfer

I've been trying to add more avatars as I think of them. People can also use their own pictures from other websites.  To pick an avatar, you must be a registered member.  Then use the profile option to change your image and personal text.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2003, 11:43:49 PM »
How about a specific section on LSAT prep material/courses, there has been posts all over other topic boards and I believe that this might make others post more about this topic meanwhile, like you said, keeping things organized.
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2004, 06:28:40 PM »
How about a section devoted to LSAT scores and Accepts rejects and deffered/waitlists (like an abbreviated version of testmaster.com)
since everyone after certain posts (many, actually) in order to gain a deeper understanding for the poster or curiosity sake they ask what what are your "numbers" and where did you get into (or didn't etc...)
Just a thought.... thanks
IVY_Hopeful
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

apartment

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2004, 07:44:12 PM »
How about a separate section for people asking "What are my chances?"  I know a lot of people use lawschoolnumbers.com and the calculator but still want to know what other people think of their chances with xGPA/xLSAT/circumstances.  Or just want input on their choice of schools.

BTW:  Thanks for creating the boards.  It really helps take the edge off the constant off-to-law-school-maybe stress.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2004, 03:57:20 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll consider them.  I think maybe the first step in some of these ideas is for me to take a more proactive step in moderating the board (ie moving topics to their proper area).  Maybe delegation of these duties would be better.  I'll have to think about it.

I'm trying to keep the topics somewhat broad so we don't end up like on the Students and Graduates board where there are lots of topics (ie school specific boards) that no one uses.  I have a plan for that though...

I'm not sure this site has much to offer in the way of chances - lawschoolnumbers.com has really developed a solid system for that - but if people keep posting about it I guess maybe a new category would be in order.

So none of this is getting done tonight - but I just wanted to acknowledge that I've been reading this part of the site and I appreciate the suggestions.  Thanks.

dta

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2004, 10:38:45 PM »
How about a section devoted to LSAT exam questions. For example "On the February 1993 LSAT (#9) on the first LR section question #13, why is the answer D instead of E?". I know there's a "Studying for the LSAT" question, but if there was a section devoted to this I think it would really help interactive studying online.

just a thought. thanks for the great site.

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2004, 03:43:03 PM »
I like polls, so I'd love a link that would go to a list of all the open polls, don't know if that's possible or not.

tahoevalleylines

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What boards would you like to see here? ENERGY ALLOCATION LAW
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2004, 01:05:43 AM »
It seems timely to look at the peaking oil (peakoil.net) phenomenon as a serious issue, and maintain a board.  *It is likely that a new body of law will grow up around issues of rights and entitlements to energy allotment size*, particularly Agricultural Vs. Transport interests.  The motor transport power block will attempt to maintain inordinant share of dwindling motor fuel supplies, cutting into other sectors.   Unemployment will be an early result of shortages.

This will be an issue of critical National vulnerability, unless some allocation priorities are established ASAP.   The need for alternative energy infrastructure/transport mode shifts (trucking to rail) will come into play as energy efficiency considerations overshadow other mode choice determinants.   The law profession will be barraged by issues of grandfathered rights, public versus private rights, eminent domain, to mention a few.   The economic impacts of steadily diminishing motor fuel supplies will shake our culture to the roots.

There are some initial steps, such as ENERGY INDEPENDENCE BOND funding instruments for renewables and alternative transport infrastructure that will have to be emplaced early in the "Oil Interregnum".  This change from the free enterprise approach to transport mode policies and capitalization will test the rule of law in labor relations and the whole way we do things in the globalized economy.   One shudders at the implications of executive orders freezing commodities pricing, and worse, denial of electric service to suburbs as natural gas peaks.  (See Simmons International.com)

This suggestion is made with due respect to the administrator, understanding that it is not a normal type of board topic; please consider the dire and extraordinary effect oil depletion will have on our society and the rule of law.