Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What boards would you like to see here?  (Read 5983 times)

admin

• View Profile
    • Law School Discussion
What boards would you like to see here?
« on: May 05, 2001, 02:24:40 PM »
Hi, this is the site administrator.  I want to encourage everyone to let me know what new boards you want to see.  If there's a topic you want to discuss but see no obvious place to discuss it, please LET ME KNOW!.  I will glad to add new boards, just leave me a message here...

David_The_Great

Re: What boards would you like to see here?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2001, 07:25:30 PM »
Hi admin.  Great board!

How about a section to discuss law school rankings?  I know that's always a controversial topic, but let's face it: Rank Matters!

admin

• View Profile
    • Law School Discussion
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2001, 03:53:19 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I've added a "Law School Rankings" topic.

TONY

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2001, 08:02:34 AM »
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A BOARD DISCUSSION OF NON-TRADITIONAL STUDENTS (OLDER, ETC.).
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SUGGEST A BOARD DISCUSSING ATTRITION RATES AND RATE OF BAR PASSAGE.

TONY

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2001, 06:48:52 AM »
Great ideas Tony.  I've added a "non-traditional students" section.

I think the discussion of BAR passage rates and attrition rates can be discussed under "law school rankings" (if the discussion gets huge I'll create a separate catagory).

lars

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 03:03:45 AM »
Is there any way to change the color of the posts you've already read? I'm new to the board & am used to being able to click on a post, then if I go into the board the next day, it's a diff color. That way I'm not going into the same thing that I've previously read (and there is no new post).  I hope I'm making some type of sense!  Thx.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 04:28:11 AM »
Hi Lars, welcome to the board.

There is a way to see what you've read and what you haven't.  All you have to do is register as a member.  Then you'll see a "new" next to topic that you haven't clicked on yet.  The other benefit to registration is that no one can impersonate you, because you'll have a password and you can claim your name.  (Right now anyone could post as a guest and use the name "Lars", pretending to be you.)  This hasn't been a problem here, but it's something to keep in mind.

I've intentionally left the "guest" option open because I don't want people to have to register to post and read.  I understand that sometimes people want to be anonymous.  Of course, I'd prefer that people register, as this gives everyone more accountability.

phyllis carrington

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2002, 07:12:19 AM »
I would like to see a board discussion on "Blacks" in law schools.

Brandi

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2002, 02:38:43 PM »
This one of the best boards i've found bu ti'd like to see more traffic...you should get out there and advertise

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2002, 06:45:31 AM »
Pyllis, thanks for the suggestion.  I think "Blacks in law school" would be more appropriate on the "Students' and Graduates'" board (this is the pre-law board).  At this point there's not really enough discussion by current students to warrant new categories there, but I'll certainly keep your suggestion in mind as traffic increases, particularly if I see a lot of discussion of Black-specific issues.

Brandi, thanks - my goal in creating this site was to produce something faster, friendlier, and more organized than the other boards.  I agree (of course) that the board could use more traffic, and I am trying to get the word out.  (At least 79 other websites link to this one, and this one has been featured as the site of the week from megalaw.com.)

The site gets a lot more traffic than is evident by the number of posts.  For whatever reason, people like to read but don't like to post.  The board allows anonymous posting for those that want to remain anonymous, AND it allows registration for those that want to develop a reputation.  To all the shy folks out there: post away!