Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What boards would you like to see here?  (Read 6061 times)

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
Re: What boards would you like to see here?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2004, 01:09:08 AM »
Well, next on the list after the all important oil depletion board, how about one for laptop suggestions, since the boards are so clogged with questions about them?
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

pross1492

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What boards would you like to see here?
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2004, 02:51:43 PM »
i think there are alot of people who visit the site, but never post anything.   one of the reasons may be that they dont want to post questions about trying to get into t3 and t4 schools.  for instance, you see alot of "what shoud i do - need advice!" and "what are my chances!" threads that inevitably continue..."i have a 3.5 with a masters in psych.  i got a 167 on my lsat.  am i doomed?"
i think it would be interesting to hear more stories and read more dialogue from people who scored right around average on the lsats, or didnt excel in undergrad, who are trying to get into law schools other than chicago or nyu. 
this may be a stupid thing to suggest (andrew, you'd know better than anyone) cause the boards may be full of incredibly bright kids, because those are the only people who visit discussion websites.  but, i wouldnt be suprised if you'd get a good response if there was an area for people shooting for lower tiered schools, who have less than stellar academic records.  i'm not talking about the people who are wondering if they have a shot at ANY law school, i'm talking about the people w/ a 2.9 and i 153 lsat.  i'm sure there are plenty of them out there and they probably would benefit most from a site like yours.  i dont know how do it, but i think it'd be interesting and helpful.