Law School Discussion

Last LOR sent in letter late last week. How soon til I can apply?

oldhat

• View Profile
LOR #2, LOR #3, LSAT and transcript have been processed. It took two days for LOR #3 to be processed and nine calendar days for them to process LOR #2. Unfortunately, LOR #1 took an unbelievable six weeks and sent it in late last week. Still missing in action. Can I still apply with an incomplete application? Or should I wait until that LOR is processed? Getting a little frustrated...arrgh...

TXcal

• View Profile
Re: Last LOR sent in letter late last week. How soon til I can apply?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 09:58:05 PM »
You probably ARE complete with just two LORs, right?  Like you, I have two in and the third's going out this week.  I went ahead and submitted my e-apps, paid for them, ordered the reports, etc.  It takes some time for the law schools to request the LSAC reports and everything, so applying now (if you're totally ready to go) makes sense to me.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 09:59:19 PM »
I'm in your shoes too.  But I just got sick of waiting around with my applications so I submitted most of them with 3 LORs.  The law schools seem to be requesting updates rather sporadically.

oldhat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 10:02:52 PM »
LOR #1 is my strongest LOR so I really want the schools to have it.

How does this work? Will the schools having my incomplete app in hand, get a copy of the newly processed LOR as soon as it comes in? How do the updates work?

oldhat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 10:10:14 PM »
Thanks. If I get these apps out this week, am I late in the game? I'm really worried that I'm losing slots as I type this...

TXcal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 10:11:27 PM »
I know!  I've been feeling the same way--but you're on track.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 10:40:57 PM »
hey old hat, what private school in the bay area did you go to? was it the one in the city?  ;)

i just kind of figured that since it's like the only school that has a politics major instead of the tradition political science.

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 10:45:25 PM »
yep. i go there now. i've taken a lot of politics courses. you want to talk on aol im or something? i am interested in who gave you the recs. etc.

yiplong

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 10:57:38 PM »
You can submit your applications w/o LORs.  I think law school will get them automatically once LSAC has them processed.