Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PT programs  (Read 1024 times)

smr3

• View Profile
PT programs
« on: October 24, 2005, 03:11:36 PM »

I finished undergrad in 1996 and a masters program in 1999.  I'm currently working at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).  I want to do public health law and work for the government when i am through. 

Does anyone know of really good part time programs?  I'd like to work some while I am in school. 

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PT programs
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 03:37:22 PM »
Georgetown. I suggest you check out their health law classes; they actually have some public health law classes in the lot. And it is the highest ranked school (if you buy into rankings) with a PT program. Plus, DC is a good place for governement work, allegedly ;-)
Penn (2007)

kasper11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 05:02:02 PM »
I just used the USNews site.
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/tools/brief/law_srch_advanced_brief.php

You can searched based on area, specialty, pt etc.

Rant:
Can you believe there is not one public school in/around NYC with a pt program?
GPA: 2.15 (3.29 after 3 years off and transferring)
LSAT: 175

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 01:36:29 AM »
Rant:

I suppose it doesn't help that there's only 1 public law school in NYC?  And only 1 public law school in Upstate too (which is also full-time only).
Fed gov't atty

upNdown

• Sr. Citizen
  • My favorite bike - cheap, ugly, heavy, and fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 12:29:30 PM »
Rant:

I suppose it doesn't help that there's only 1 public law school in NYC?  And only 1 public law school in Upstate too (which is also full-time only).

Hey, don't complain.  Boston has 6 private law schools and ZERO public law schools.  And for part time programs, your only choices are Suffolk and New England; the bottom rated two schools.  Even Northeastern, a school that recently cracked the second tier (or whatever you'd call the 50-100 level), a school that brags about its heritage of offering nontraditional methods because they were one of the first part time programs in existence, even they don't have a part time program.  Not that I'm bitter. 
GPA - 2.095 (It was a long time ago and I wasn't trying.)
LSAT - 161

In - Suffolk, New England School of Law
Out - BC, Northeastern
Pending - Nothing pending . . . now what?

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 06:47:08 PM »
Rant:

Hey, don't complain. Boston has 6 private law schools and ZERO public law schools. And for part time programs, your only choices are Suffolk and New England; the bottom rated two schools. Even Northeastern, a school that recently cracked the second tier (or whatever you'd call the 50-100 level), a school that brags about its heritage of offering nontraditional methods because they were one of the first part time programs in existence, even they don't have a part time program. Not that I'm bitter.

I'm not bitter, just responding to the previous poster.

I'm at Northeastern now, actually.  It was part-time when the school was founded but it shut down for a couple decades.  I believe that when it opened up again, there were already part-time law programs available.  In any case, part-time wouldn't fit into the school's curriculum as it's evolved.
Fed gov't atty