Law School Discussion

me again!

me again!
« on: July 04, 2004, 10:38:45 AM »
Me again :)

Okay, I have come up with a list to the schools to which I will apply.  I will be applying as early as possible.  4.0 GPA from a private, liberal arts undergrad, as well as a 4.0 in coursework at my grad program.  I will have letters of rec from my grad advisor, who, although I am leaving a PhD program, is VERY supportive of my decision, plus she has said things to me along the line of "you are the best first-year I have ever worked with".  In undergrad I was in several honor societies, a sorority, volunteered for the rape crisis center, etc.  Also- LSAT is 167

Here's my list, what do you think?

Harvard
U Chicago
U Mich
Northwestern
U Penn
Georgetown
Duke
George Washington
Boston U
Ohio State

taterstol

• Current 1L
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CoolDorky
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: me again!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 10:54:37 AM »
I think you're golden at most, if not all of them. That 4.0 is very nice...

Harvard and Chicago could be tossups (just because they're kinda tossups for everyone).

zpops

• Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 11:15:29 AM »
Me again :)

Okay, I have come up with a list to the schools to which I will apply.  I will be applying as early as possible.  4.0 GPA from a private, liberal arts undergrad, as well as a 4.0 in coursework at my grad program.  I will have letters of rec from my grad advisor, who, although I am leaving a PhD program, is VERY supportive of my decision, plus she has said things to me along the line of "you are the best first-year I have ever worked with".  In undergrad I was in several honor societies, a sorority, volunteered for the rape crisis center, etc.

Here's my list, what do you think?

Harvard
U Chicago
U Mich
Northwestern
U Penn
Georgetown
Duke
George Washington
Boston U
Ohio State

I'd cross off Ohio.  Yuo don't need to go that low for a safety.  I guess my big question is pretty obious.  Where are CLs and NYU?  Unless you hate NYC, I really don't understand why you're not considering the two highest ranked schools which you have a good shot.  You chance to get into NYU, CLS, and Chicago is probably about the same, so why not give your self 3 shots at the top instead of one?

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 11:22:29 AM »
I know, you're right about CL and NYU...  and I am still considering them.  This sounds really stupid, but my mom won't come visit me in NYC.  Which, is kind of a big deal to me, considering if I go to law school there, chances are I will stay there.  But, I might end up applying to them as well, just for some more options.  I think my mom can get over it :)

Ginatio

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 11:25:58 AM »
i'd throw in emory for a safety school... you'll probably get close to full tuition, too. and it's in a great part of suburban atlanta. very picturesque

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 01:11:21 PM »
That's a good idea- I hadn't thought about Emory... guess I was ready to get out of Georgia :)