Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Low October takers retaking next cycle??  (Read 692 times)

frankm007

Low October takers retaking next cycle??
« on: October 23, 2005, 10:12:20 PM »
I have decided to re-take in june. Take a couple of months off and start fresh, this time with 1 year of studying under my belt. I think i'll come out of it fine, stronger and a better candidate.

Who's doing the same?

j.rosh

Re: Low October takers retaking next cycle??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 10:19:26 PM »
I will, but I'm thinking about retaking next October to give me a full year.  In the mean time, I'll be working as a paralegal.

frankm007

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 11:08:30 PM »
Excellent, how did you do this time around? And how did you prep

j.rosh

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 11:22:44 PM »
How did I do... :o
I didn't prep at all. I know better for next time.

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 01:44:20 AM »
I have decided to re-take in june. Take a couple of months off and start fresh, this time with 1 year of studying under my belt. I think i'll come out of it fine, stronger and a better candidate.

Who's doing the same?

How did you end up doing frank?

frankm007

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 01:00:21 PM »
I was scoring high 150's-low 160's. Ended up bombing the reading comp, kicked ass in the LR, and getting stuck on games (my best section). I know it had to do with my emotional state at the time (some fam. issues), I should have cancelled, 152. I am confident I can score over a 160 next time around, If i get a 162+ the 10 point increase will look favorable for me. We'll see what happens.

Anyone else giving themselves more time?

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 12:41:43 AM »
I was scoring high 150's-low 160's. Ended up bombing the reading comp, kicked ass in the LR, and getting stuck on games (my best section). I know it had to do with my emotional state at the time (some fam. issues), I should have cancelled, 152. I am confident I can score over a 160 next time around, If i get a 162+ the 10 point increase will look favorable for me. We'll see what happens.

Anyone else giving themselves more time?

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't do as good as Your capable of and I'm sure you'll nail it the second time around.
I ended up with higher end of 159, and I decided to retake it in december.  I'm going to start studying tommorow, and give myself a good full month to redo all the TM hw and do some of the practice tests again.  Hopefully I won't be nervous this time around. (Missed 18 on the first two marked sections due to a lot of nervousness, and only 6 on the last two sections)

Good luck.

supergirluw

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 12:58:17 AM »
Good luck to those retaking...just keep in mind the chances that your score will drop or not increase enough to make an average score worth it, or enough that adcoms will consider the higher score instead of your current one. Look over the schools you are applying to before you stress yourself for a couple months...or a year....and decide what the best option is in relation to all that. I'm glad I took the risk against that statistics, but its a big one. Good luck though to those trying again  :)