Law School Discussion

Ages?

Re: Ages?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 11:43:24 PM »
I kinda of think it'll be an advantage (maybe I'm just hoping so) b/c it makes us look like we've really worked hard to finish early.

Haven't you ever heard that graduating in 4 is like leaving the party at 11

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 11:52:34 PM »
who cares about whether it is advantageous or not for the purpose of applying to law school, why would you want to graduate early?  you'll never be able to get another gig like undergrad and I suggest you live it up.  Especially if you plan to go to law school you can study any subject, i.e. something you really enjoy and maintain good grades while consistently going out 4 nights a week, and still having freetime to kick around doing whatever sports etc you like.  I'm cring just thinking about how much I miss undergrad.  Grad school just isn't the same school stuff is fine, but you just can't replicate the undergrad social environment, you're friends are gone, worrying about getting up for work at 9 intead of drinking till 9 and getting stupid...I'm rambling

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 10:36:23 AM »
It may depend on what you do in your three years - how good your soft factors are, ECs, and all that

Hedley Lamarr

• What in the wide, wide world of sports is agoin on
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 03:17:14 PM »
I'm 25, with a few years work, which I heard helps.  I hope so because I need it.

spud1987

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 04:26:18 PM »

Well, this guy had some great numbers but feels his age was a factor.  Granted, he was 19 at the time...
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=donbarzini

WOW that is kind of discouraging, I hope this isn't typical of all young applicants.  Does anyone else have any info on this topic?

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2005, 07:03:51 PM »
I will be 20 when I apply (21 when I start school) so I won't be that much younger. I bet it depends more on the school.

spud1987

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2005, 08:25:07 PM »
Well I hope they feel the U is good enough.  Of course I'm not going to worry about that now, pretty much all my attention needs to go into a thing I like to call the lsat.

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2005, 08:25:48 PM »
Ah, yes. The evil LSAT

mandu

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2005, 08:26:57 PM »
I'm 18 now and will be 19 when I start 1L.  There are a handful of other people like me who started college early and who applied to law schools at 18, and they seem to have done just fine.  I personally know two others who applied at 18 and 19 and are now at Columbia and Harvard respectively.  I don't think age really matters all that much, except for the fact that the younger you are, the less WE you probably have (which is the case for me), but hopefully that can be made up for by other things.  

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2005, 08:28:04 PM »
And I though I was young, being only 20 when I'll be applying. How'd you get done so quick?