Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MISBUBBLED!!!  (Read 5218 times)

littlebrowngirl

• View Profile
MISBUBBLED!!!
« on: October 23, 2005, 09:31:01 PM »
let this be a warning to everyone else: BUBBLE CAREFULLY.

i was reviewing the test just now and realised that my disappointing 164 was the result of idiotic misbubbling. i must have xferred over the answers incorrectly for one section because i missed 7 in a row that i KNOW i answered correctly. one of them was that damn horor movie question which there is noo way i missed.

i lost my 170 over misbubbling. saddest day of my life. at least i know when i retake i can do better.
"you're my brown-eyed girl.."

lsat: 164/167
gpa: 3.52

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=leetlebrowngirl

in: USC, Davis
wl: UCLA
withdrawn: everything else.

steve112sms

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - steve112sms
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MISBUBBLED!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:39:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can't have them rescore it by hand for that since there would be absolutely no way to prove you actually missed those because of misbubbling rather than just having a short breakdown in the middle of the test. I think you can do hand rescores for something like not erasing an answer completely, but having the correct one filled in also and being marked off for it, but I'm pretty sure you're just SOL for this.

steve112sms

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - steve112sms
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:41:26 AM »
Yeah, I suppose, but I don't want to get her hopes up too much.

littlebrowngirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 02:25:17 AM »
i think they handscore only if you skip a bubble and then continue from there or whatever. if you have a stupid answer filled in though, like i do, i dont think they do. ill call them though!
"you're my brown-eyed girl.."

lsat: 164/167
gpa: 3.52

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=leetlebrowngirl

in: USC, Davis
wl: UCLA
withdrawn: everything else.

whatpenumbras

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 06:08:30 PM »
I grossly misbubbled today's LSAT--section 1 in section 2, sect. 2 in sect. 3, sect. 3 in sect. 4...I finally realized it after the break and had to do section 4 in section 1, but luckily section 5 was fine.  I reported it to the procter and I faxed LSAC ASAP with a prob/complaint and am also sending a letter.  Does anyone know their solution for dealing with a situation such as this one (i.e. where the test taker exhibits and inordinate amount of idiocy)?  They can just hand-grade it, right?? Is there anything else I can do? I think I was just so 'in the zone' that I was oblivious.

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 06:15:44 PM »
Oh, I feel so bad for you.

I hope they let you hand score it!

Yeah i misbubbled today too, but, on section 1 after it was over, so i couldn't go fix it.  i ended up with 21 instead of 22 question, hopefully if wasn't too early in the section

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 06:20:23 PM »
I grossly misbubbled today's LSAT--section 1 in section 2, sect. 2 in sect. 3, sect. 3 in sect. 4...I finally realized it after the break and had to do section 4 in section 1, but luckily section 5 was fine.  I reported it to the procter and I faxed LSAC ASAP with a prob/complaint and am also sending a letter.  Does anyone know their solution for dealing with a situation such as this one (i.e. where the test taker exhibits and inordinate amount of idiocy)?  They can just hand-grade it, right?? Is there anything else I can do? I think I was just so 'in the zone' that I was oblivious.

I'm pretty sure (nothing to base this certainty on, though) that they'll hand score it in a situation like that, as long as you explain exactly what happened and what sections on the answer sheet you used for each LSAT section.  Don't stress about it too much just yet. :)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 06:38:37 PM »
What if your test booklet confirmed that you had chosen the right answers beyond reasonable doubt?

bg

• Respect the LSAT!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - benjamingann
    • View Profile
    • BG's Blog 'O Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 09:03:15 PM »
Chalk this one up to my Cincinnati Public School education.

Had a bad week of preparation leading up to the test.  So I'm at George Mason and I'm on section 3. 

I'm doing logic games and I finish with about a minute left so I go to double check my answers and see that I misbubbled the last question. So I go to erase it and see the one above it is misbubbled.  I've taken a PowerScore course so I know about hand scoring, anyway I totally paniced.  I start erasing and then realize that I failed to bubble in question #1.  Fantastic!  They're all wrong and I've erased part of my work.

Up until this point I thought the test had been going pretty well.  Not my best day but I thought maybe something in the high 150's was possible.  Now at this point we hit the break and I feel like I'm cooked.   

I was distratcted during the 2nd LR section after the break and I really couldn't tell you what the questions in the second section were.  I guessed on the last 2-3.  It really wasn't that difficult.

Then I get to section 5 see that there are 27 questions and realize that section 3 was the experimental.  I did pretty well on reading comp but really who cares.  I'm cancelling on principle. 

An amazing mental lapse even for me.  And then I carried it over into another section.  I'm not applying until next cycle so I'm fine, I'll just take it again.
LSAT - Dec. '05
Practice: 150 (diagnostic), 156, 153, 151, 160, 153, 158, 158

canthardlywait

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 01:52:10 AM »
I'm sure that I read somewhere... or either heard during all of that dry reading that the proctor reads just prior to taking the test... that anyone can have their test hand scored for any reason at an extra charge of $10.  If I didn't get this info at the test, it was when I paid for the exam online, but I def heard this somewhere... I hope everything works out...