Law School Discussion

how insane is your yale 250?

jg983

Re: how insane is your yale 250?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2005, 11:39:36 AM »
Mine's not really insane.  Or, I don't think it is.  It's about how I like to carry heavy things.  That isn't insane, right?  It sort of ties in with feminism and queer identity stuff.

Have you ever seen the female dog and Animal schpiel on "reclaiming female private part?" It's pretty funny. It's about how women should start using the word "female private part" to congratualate on another on their achievements. Like, "Oh, thank you for helping me carry that refrigerator up the stairs. That was such a female private part thing to do."

Crap. I have some kind of language filter on. Use your imagination.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2005, 11:44:55 AM »
Mine's not really insane.  Or, I don't think it is.  It's about how I like to carry heavy things.  That isn't insane, right?  It sort of ties in with feminism and queer identity stuff.

Have you ever seen the female dog and Animal schpiel on "reclaiming female private part?" It's pretty funny. It's about how women should start using the word "female private part" to congratualate on another on their achievements. Like, "Oh, thank you for helping me carry that refrigerator up the stairs. That was such a female private part thing to do."

I have, and I quite like it; some of my college friends tried to use it for a while, but it's hard to remember it enough to work it into everyday conversation. 

And, yeah, the language filter does quite a number of discussions of female dog and Animal.

jg983

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2005, 11:46:16 AM »
Anyone know how to take it off?

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2005, 11:48:31 AM »
Under "Profile," "Look and Layout Settings," the check box by "Leave words uncensored" or something like that.

The censor amuses me, so I leave it on.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2006, 07:33:12 AM »
*bump*

so this was me:

I wrote about how plastic shopping bags are destroying American society.  As ridiculous as it may sound, it actually came out a lot more coherent than I'd originally expected.

i just realized how every time i get a plastic bag from anywhere, i'm just going to be reminded yale ding.  how much does that suck?  :D

On the other hand it makes the "paper or plastic" decision much easier.

Seriously, though, Yale's a big jerk for not letting you in.  You sodeserve it (getting in, that is).

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2006, 07:47:25 AM »
I think that's great!

But then again, I'm kinda obsessive about plastic bags, so I may be an unrepresentative audience.

I think it just goes to show that the 250 doesn't matter too much, alas.

redemption

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2006, 07:54:57 AM »
Slouching toward Disaster. I like it.

redemption

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2006, 08:04:57 AM »
Well, it was quite earnest, too. I think that they like earnest at Yale. It's a better 250 than mine, I think.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2006, 08:10:01 AM »
heh, thanks.  i think it doesn't make up for that semester i tried not going to any classes at all though.  :D

and i would like to point out that even in my previous form, i supported you.  ;)

You did, and don't think I don't appreciate it.   :-*

Terabithia

• Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2006, 10:05:03 PM »
I think I may have the most out there 250 Yale has ever seen and when I say out there I mean out there. I don't even know what I was thinking to send it.

Let's just say that they must have read my essay and thought it was a joke.