Law School Discussion

how insane is your yale 250?

TXcal

• View Profile
Re: how insane is your yale 250?
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 03:07:29 PM »
What is a *crazy* essay?

Yeah, I was wondering about this, too.  Back when I did a search on the Yale 250 statement, I saw posts about a successful applicant who wrote about getting lost/having no sense of direction.  That's about as close to "crazy" that I've heard of.

jdw112

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 03:13:29 PM »
What is a *crazy* essay?

Yeah, I was wondering about this, too.  Back when I did a search on the Yale 250 statement, I saw posts about a successful applicant who wrote about getting lost/having no sense of direction.  That's about as close to "crazy" that I've heard of.

That was a great Yale 250 written by Lexylit. It can be found on xoxo if anyone cares to read it.

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 06:00:23 PM »
Mine is weird, (it's about how much I hate goats), but my numbers give me NO chance of getting in, so I figured I might as well take a chance and try to stand out.

stw0522

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 07:07:51 AM »
I wrote about how plastic shopping bags are destroying American society.  As ridiculous as it may sound, it actually came out a lot more coherent than I'd originally expected.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 07:52:37 AM »
Mine's not really insane.  Or, I don't think it is.  It's about how I like to carry heavy things.  That isn't insane, right?  It sort of ties in with feminism and queer identity stuff.

stw0522

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 08:07:20 AM »
The carry heavy things doesn't sound insane, although it does connote a certain level of militancy, I think.  On the other hand maybe that's something they like to see.

Why goats?

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 08:09:04 AM »
The carry heavy things doesn't sound insane, although it does connote a certain level of militancy, I think.  On the other hand maybe that's something they like to see.

Why goats?

Yeah, there's a hint of militancy I guess, but I figure I'm enough of a longshot at Yale that I might as well go with that and hope someone on the adcomm is a big feminist.  ;)

And I'm curious about the goat thing too.

stw0522

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2005, 08:45:46 AM »

Why goats?

Yeah, there's a hint of militancy I guess, but I figure I'm enough of a longshot at Yale that I might as well go with that and hope someone on the adcomm is a big feminist.  ;)

And I'm curious about the goat thing too.

you're being overmodest.  i think you're in fine shape.

TXcal

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 01:53:42 PM »
Mine's not really insane.  Or, I don't think it is.  It's about how I like to carry heavy things.  That isn't insane, right?  It sort of ties in with feminism and queer identity stuff.

So not insane.  I really like your topic! 

TXcal

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 01:55:01 PM »
I wrote about having big feet. 

:D  Like, special-order big or just size 10 big?