Law School Discussion

Where should I be looking next fall

Where should I be looking next fall
« on: July 03, 2004, 02:37:39 PM »
GPA: 3.69 (in electrical engineering), with all A's and A+'s in the last 13 classes taken at a top 30 undergrad university.  in major GPA = 3.93 (according to LSAC's standards its >4.0)

LSAT:165

I also have lots of research/TA experience, not to mention community service.  Any ideas where I should be looking for reach, safety and other schools?

Re: Where should I be looking next fall
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 02:38:17 PM »
What's your LSAT score?

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 02:38:37 PM »
you should be looking at the october administration of the LSAT.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 02:42:02 PM »
Sorry, I accidently posted before I finished writing.  As I edited above:  LSAT: 165

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 01:05:04 PM »
bump :-D

zpops

• Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 01:46:35 PM »
I'm sorry, but you're just asking too broad of a question to get a response.  Give us a list of school you're thinking about and we'll rate them, say what type of law you want to practice, or at least give us an idea of region, and we'll throw out a few ideas.  I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we're more than happy to help you decide what schools to apply to, but we're not going to conduct your entire school search for you.  You need to bring us something to advise you on. . .

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 02:38:26 PM »
Well, IP law was something I was considering (patent law because of my undergrad major), and i was considering Penn, Duke, Vandy, Georgetown, GW, WUSTL, basically any of the top 25 I'm competive at, and other North east schools (maryland->massachusetts).  I'd rather be close to home in philadelphia if I can't get into a national school.  Does anyone think that Penn, Duke, or GTown are out of my reach?