Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oct. retake roll call  (Read 2982 times)

Gummo

Oct. retake roll call
« on: July 03, 2004, 03:16:05 PM »
Who else is retaking?  We need to start a support group...

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Oct. retake roll call
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 03:46:08 PM »
I am. :/

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 03:49:36 PM »
I havent gotten my score yet as you probably know.  even if i did not hit 165 i dont know that i could put myself thru the horror again,  (though i probably would convince myself with DTAs logic of only having a potential upside).

part of me would have to think it just was not meant to be if i bombed it... 

anyway, i wish you guys the best and if i can do anything to help let me know.

Gummo

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 03:54:36 PM »
I havent gotten my score yet as you probably know.  even if i did not hit 165 i dont know that i could put myself thru the horror again,  (though i probably would convince myself with DTAs logic of only having a potential upside).

part of me would have to think it just was not meant to be if i bombed it... 

anyway, i wish you guys the best and if i can do anything to help let me know.

Thanks, Green.  I'd be completely shocked if you didn't hit 165 (or 168, for that matter).   :)

dta

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 04:13:09 PM »
162 was a little below my practice test average of 164, but i'm gonna stick with it. It gives me a decent shot at UT and i'm already in to prep mode.

Gummo

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 04:23:36 PM »
162 was a little below my practice test average of 164, but i'm gonna stick with it. It gives me a decent shot at UT and i'm already in to prep mode.

Yeah, if I had a 162, I probably wouldn't retake (especially with your good GPA).  Good job!

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 04:26:11 PM »
For those retaking in october, i was just curious how you plan on studying?  Only because most people on this board have done pretty much every practice LSAT available.  I was freaked out about a retake cause I figured that I would have nothing left to simulate an actual test ...

Gummo

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 04:45:01 PM »
For those retaking in october, i was just curious how you plan on studying?  Only because most people on this board have done pretty much every practice LSAT available.  I was freaked out about a retake cause I figured that I would have nothing left to simulate an actual test ...

There are ~10 preptests I haven't taken.  I have TM books, and the games are really my only weakness, so I'm going to go through the LG Bible AGAIN and start doing timed games sections...like I should have last time around.

NYBound05

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 04:59:49 PM »

There are ~10 preptests I haven't taken.  I have TM books, and the games are really my only weakness, so I'm going to go through the LG Bible AGAIN and start doing timed games sections...like I should have last time around.

Did you take the actual TM course or did you just purchase the books?  If you took TM's course, did you find it helpful in raising your score significantly from your first diagnostic?  Also, do you have any tips, after having taken the June lsat, for someone about to take the TM course?

Gummo

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 05:43:08 PM »

Did you take the actual TM course or did you just purchase the books?  If you took TM's course, did you find it helpful in raising your score significantly from your first diagnostic?  Also, do you have any tips, after having taken the June lsat, for someone about to take the TM course?

I sat through less than half of the TM course.  It seemed helpful at first, but really, I miss so few on LR and RC that I figured I'd do better on my own with the LG Bible to attack the games (my only problem).  I slacked off and dicked around, and ended up JUST taking practice tests- the result was little games improvement (and missing about 85% of the games on the real thing).  I think if you need improvement across the board, ESPECIALLY in the LR section, TM will help you.  If you only need help in one section, like me, it's probably a waste of time and money.  Half the classes didn't even cover games, so I'd sit there for four hours going over the finer points of one type of logical reasoning question that I never missed in the first place.