Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Got my score...so depressed...  (Read 6159 times)

sadcam

• View Profile
    • Just click it
Re: Got my score...so depressed...
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 01:16:32 PM »
Wait a year re-take it and go to grad school or do something unique with the extra year.  After you graduate law school you'll be glad you took a gap year anyway.
Does the fact that I'm trying to do it, do it for you?

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sadcam

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 12:00:57 AM »
I have a lot of respect for people that put themselves through LSAT hell again.  I was scoring consistent 176-178s; even a 180.  Ended up with a 169.  I just couldnt make myself go through it all again.

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 04:51:34 PM »
I have a lot of respect for people that put themselves through LSAT hell again.  I was scoring consistent 176-178s; even a 180.  Ended up with a 169.  I just couldnt make myself go through it all again.

What was your average score?  Any guesses on why you went down so much?

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 10:36:09 PM »

Amen.  Even though I definitely felt like I scored toward the lower end of what I could do (in all the practice tests I ever took, I never missed more than 2 RC questions.  So naturally on the actual test I missed 4...), there was no way in hell I could put myself through that again.
Emory '09

LSN

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2005, 12:51:04 PM »
I think I am going to be posting here again by the end of the day......

The Government

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 09:07:11 PM »
I would say to wait a year and get some sort of substantive job in the interim.  In regards to your questions about the games section, definately enroll in a class (I took TestMasters and believe it was the best money I ever spent).  Games are all about setup and time management, and watching a 99th percentile instructor map out games and take you through them step-by-step makes all the difference in the world.  I actually started off missing 6-8 questions in the games section, and aced the section on the actual LSAT (too bad I missed a combined 15 questions on the LR sections).  So definately take some time to work and invest in a class.  Just my .02, hope it helps a bit.